The next Fest

Mike Draper

Ive been to the AT factory/ machine shop many times. Its a pretty neat machine shop. lots going on in there. Lots of cleaners would think its cool to see how they build the parts in to a machine.
Park city is only 25 minutes from Salt Lake City. Tons of great restaurants around in SLC, plenty of things to do. For you night owls, lots of bars in SLC and they serve hot coco and Dr. Pepper. Some even have red Bull I hear. :rockon:
This February was extremely mild. We were at 60 degrees at the end of February. Every year is different though.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Frisco Texas.

Oh !! :redface:

Anywhere near that great mob that sells those fantastic Amtex machines. :winky:

I could probably bring one back as carry on. :very_drunk:

:yoda:

Yeah, that'd work, fly into Dallas, then carry on to New Orleans, Augusta, & back home via B.C. :oldrolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I thought the VFW set up was sufficient. Couldn't we have a deal like that again?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Don't forget we need a host.

Either a supplier or an avid MB'r who has a shop large enough to comfortably house us.

Jon-Don

Tampa, Clearwater : )

Sent from da bak seat of a Purple Caddy where the roadkill is real : )

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Better than Franklin's? :eekk:

Dan waited in line for 3-hours on a hot July day and said it was worth every minute of the wait.
He said its the best he's ever eaten and he's like Lockhart a BBQ connoisseur.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Better than Franklin's? :eekk:

Dan waited in line for 3-hours on a hot July day and said it was worth every minute of the wait.
He said its the best he's ever eaten and he's like Lockhart a BBQ connoisseur.

Salt Lick in Driftwood beats all of them, IMO.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
my former boss at Coit was running a great carpet biz down there. He was on here all the time and came to a fest or two.

I have talked to Mikey's former Coit boss . . .

and now I know what has shaped his development .

Larry

P.S. Lockhart's is a real BBQ legend !

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
He actually had good things to say about you !

He said that he trusted you to train some techs.

Time must dull the real incident collection.

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
and there were plenty of incidents early on. One year of being a Millers hack and two weeks of training at Coit left me clueless.

I furnished Coit's corporate office with browned out Hatians in my early years.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
lol,

Why is there even another forum out there?

Cant really top the Education we have here if ya think about it.

Sent from da bak seat of a Purple Caddy where the roadkill is real : )

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ridealongs. You are on to something, John. Fests and classes are all good and well but for me personally, nothing beats the learning at a real job, with actual "skin in the game". There could be a series of MiniMikeFests all around the country, where a cleaner or two goes out on an actual job doing work in an area they are weak in; they even stay at the host's house to save money, there could be a community GoPro that is sent to a board editor. Real training on real jobs. That could be a new room on the Mikeboard with jobs performed on specific projects.

I only worked for a small company a short amount of time before I made the jump to my own business. I never got to see how a thriving carpet biz runs, how it makes mistakes, and how they handle mistakes. I am hesitant to try new stuff such as rug washing, stone polishing and carpet repairs because I don't want to make a mistake. I have taken these classes but without real life experience, two days of classes can only take you so far. There is an art to many facets of the services we provide. It would be great to have ride alongs with some of these "masters". For example, the tour of artisan was my first rug tour and it took away some of the fear that teachers and classes have pounded in me about rug cleaning.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom