The OP method

TimP

I have a quick question. I've been thinking about buying some brushes for my cimex to prescrub with when I need to. What are the best brushes to get for it for cgd carpet, loop pile olefin on pad, and plush on pad. Do I need to get different brushes or will one do. As of right now I don't prescrub, and only rake on residential plush carpets. I have an RX which makes up for it but I think I may get better results with a good pre-scrub.

Today I did a very nasty plush and used the Judson Juice. I put it down thick and I raked it in and let it dwell for what seamed like for ever and RXed it out. It turned out good, but I think it could of been better with a good pre-scrub, however maybe not cause it was almost the most filthy carpet I've cleaned. The customers were super happy with it but I would like to think I could do better.

I would of gotten a 175 but I didn't know about them when I bought the cimex. So I think it would be cheaper for me to get brushes for it than another machine. I know the cimex is heavy but for right now money means a bit more to me since I'm trying to get some debts paid down from start up.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Some need to start saving for an op because if Mike likes it everyone would want one. He sets the trends, most follow :lol:

Albert

lance

Here's the rub....John G. has been around a long time and knows what HWE lacks. But he is being exposed now more than ever to what the Super Delux version of HWE can do. He also knows that it doesn't take a huge machine to get great results. He his a master of the OP method and certainly knows how to get great results.

Mikey P. loves his V and really believes in SDhwe and gets great results....not only clean fast but dries fast to. Because of his experience his is a master of his method and knows what it can do. He is also a big supporter of aggitation (both of carpet and people).

The weak link of OP is the washing of pads and the cleaning of poop & pee. The weak link of HWE is the cost of equipment, length of drying times, and the shoddy results brought about by non-caring operators (non of whom this membership includes).

OP can do a great job but if the carpet is really dirty then a whole lot of pads are going to be used. Why not HWE first to pick up the majority of the dirt and then finish with a full service OP job. The carpet will look great and will dry in about 60-90 mins. Less dirty pads to wash and maybe the job will be easier and faster to do.

SDhwe can do a great job, but if the carpet is really dirty agitation could make a big difference. Lay down the PS and work it in with OP....agitation and dwell are done at the same time. This could make the extraction process work much better and faster.

Pick your poison. They are both two ways of reaching the same goal. Doesn't the operator have the responsibility and power to chose how and when that goal is reached?????

Resi cleaning has many choices. Scrub cut pile and post pad berber being one of the more popular sayings on the boards.

Commercial needs scrubing and HWE most of the time. The first time it is cleaned try a PS with CRB, High flow HWE, and then OP. You'll make the custy very happy with the results.

Whatever is in the waste tank after the job WAS in the carpet before is was cleaned. Whatever is in the washer while cleaning the pads WAS in the carpet before it was cleaned. Sometimes 1 + 1 = 3

Al

Hey Mike,

I took one on a plane, disassembled it and stuffed it in a suit case!

Big John put it back together.....lol

I would love to see John clean against this "dallass" dope.

" I'm primarily HWE but I would never bash any of the lesser methods"

John G

Lance, that was a great post, you have a unique understanding of what this is all about.

Clark

100_0188.jpg

The New Defender.

Bob Foster

Clark, It looks nice and manageable for weight and size. Can you tell us what is that new machine going to cost? Can you put a tank and sprayer on it?

Another idea is to come out with a light(like that one) and inexpensive cylindrical pre-scrubber. There are several of us that like the idea of the Windsor machine or Sebo duo brush or a used Host machine for agitating prespray in residential jobs.

Clark

Yes, It can be equipped with a tank. It is ugly. We put a platform behind the motor for a standard 5 or 2.5 gal container. The holes for the spray system are already there. But in residential work it gets in the way. And spraying furniture is a problem. The CX is designed for a spray system.

The price is $1895 and the MB special applies.

The light weight CRB is about 6 months out. The casting are in the works now.

The big CRB we build now will have a full HWE system on it. Pre-spray in the front, brush in the center and HWE in back. All Stainless Steel.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Clark:

Looks like my 17" Brute. How is it different?

The Brute without the spray tank is a very manuverable and versatile machine. (Encaps, padcaps, pre and post scrubs, cleans grout). It outperforms a rotary and is lighter in weight.

John G

John, it is the same as our Institutional Machine, it is NOT set up for a spray system like the brute is, but it is very manuveable and easy to use.

John G

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:53 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got rid of my OP machine Pain in the A$$ it was

you could vibrate china off the cabinets and pictures off the walls

And I don't care what John Klode Sak says

YOu can do better with a 175 rotary and faster

and do less damage to a carpet.
You might have been better off spending more than a couple hundred on a slow machine Odin.

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:12 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about the hundreds of HWE guy with 20+ years that sold their Van/TM to be an OP ONLY because it is so superior ?

They are still out there MustardTitties, but I suppose now those highly respected HWE guys are all liars...right?

Clark

The Brute handle is moved forward to support the weight of the tank. This is not the smoothest place for the handle. It works for the Brute with a tank. Without a tank it is much better with the handle back.

John G

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:30 am Post subject:

So When did you get out of the institution?
A year or so ago!

Mikey P

Administrator
So..
The machine in that picture.

Looks like the size I would want.

Will it or wont it knock the Thomas Kinkade's off the mobile home walls?

Clark

I run it in my home with no problem. A 1/4" plywood floor in a mobile home might be a problem.

Good post Lance. I agree that its best to have both....

But, For some people to say that OP is all you need for every situation is pure BS IMO.

DUSTY

my brother.

My brother Nathan has one of these and loves the way it scrubs and then he flips on a cotton towel to absorb the soil.

Maybe he will come on and comment!

Clark

Some say a Vortex is to much money to. If I did residential work I would have one. I like well made equipment.

So John

Since with your new marketing of the formally stand alone system that is now a great tool for all cleaners to have with a TM, will all forms of cleaning be allowed at padland or is that still for the OP only koolaid crowd ?

John G

Chris, what is your point?

I have ALWAYS said those who MASTER their method can clean anything with it, that has not changed, when I realized many NEVER master their method, it became apparent that many need to have "tools" to do the job right.

Rex Tyus

Somebody clear something up for me. I thought one of the selling points for low moisture systems (op included) was their ease of use? Is this not the case?

I think it only wise that John embraces the fact that he will get more sales from the HWE guys looking to compliment their arsenal than former janitors looking to be "business owners". :p

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I use it a couple of times a month and still crash into a wall every now and then

the machine has a mind of its own sometimes on CGD

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I can see pre/post clean with a brute type machine but trying to do it with a conqueror type machine is crazy and slow

maybe a smaller machine is easier to control but the conqueror machine wears me out fighting it on CGD without a glide

I can't disagree with Terry's comments on vibrating things off walls, etc

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom