The OP method

hogjowl

Idiot™
Me? YOU'RE the guy who had a full vacuum cannister of carpet pile when you post vacuumed that carpet in the back of my office building last year.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
admiralclean said:
am I correct in assuming that OP cleaners no longer have to post vacuum all that staple fiber that is ripped out of the pile?

Marty,

i see a great deal of staple fibers when i pre-vac in my dyson dust cup.

and when i used to hwe i cleaned out a ton from my waste tanks.

that was with my Bain and Recoil to.

not on every carpet tho.

and i don't post-vac any staple fibers on some carpet after OP'ing. depends on carpet construction and age and home-owner's vac frequency.

with a statement like that i question how much time you really put into OP'ing.

and "ripped out of the pile"? what in the world, did you make bald spots when you OP'ed years ago??

glad i haven't done that, and i'm admittedly an OP noob myself after only a few years of doing it on a small basis.

thanx --- Derek.

John G

Marty just likes to argue and bitch about whatever method he is not "currently" using.

danpauselius

I have to back-up Marty on this point. I don't see anywhere near the amount of loose fiber with HWE as compared to OP. Lot's of crap but not much fiber at all.

G

All I can say again, guys, is try the new pads....

You will be amazed at the difference that they make...they can be used on rotary machines as well as OP, and they will not shred or bloom the fiber, and you use them with a lot less water...the carpets are dry upstairs as you are cleaning downstairs...they make the world of difference...I still keep the cotton pads on the van for when we really need to scrub the heck out of something....

If you haven't tried the new pads, you are behind the times and cannot discuss the subject with any validity.....

Ok Martin? (BTW, I don't have a waste tank or filter to go look in)

danpauselius

OK, so what's the deal with the new pads?

The first batch I got disintegrated by the third wash. Was told new pads didn't do that so I got some new pads ... they made it to about 5 washes. So I bought some of the synthetics, they last forever but don't clean nearly as well. It was around that time that I finally just bought a damned TM. I'm almost afraid to buy anymore pads at this point.

p.s. Yes, I followed the wash directions. No, there wasn't too much bleach.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Dan:

I can tell you right now that PadSon will say you're the only one who's had that problem with the new pads, and YOU were doing something wrong. :)

danpauselius

Let me clarify.

My problem wasn't with the new pads that Mike Charles was talking about. It was the original cotton pads. I'm yet to buy any of these "new" pads because I'm worried about longevity.

John G

Kind of like all the methods you were so excited about once....LOL

You ought to master ONE.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the newer the carpet the more staple fiber comes out of it or after a few cleanings it will stop shedding

I have tried the new gladiator pads, I don't feel they pull as much soil as the cotton pads do at least not by looking at the pad maybe the difference of the color of the pad effects the way I see the dirt

hogjowl

Idiot™
Zing?

Well, may be. I have a hard time understanding how I was zinged when it is obvious that John has to resort to personal insults to try and get his (point?) across. As I have said before. John has absolutely no idea how well I clean, or if I have "mastered" my hwe method. (He assumes he's a "master" of his, I suspect.) However, by casting personal slights, he feels he's successfully dodged the real point of our discussion.

As in, no mill certifications, and the damage caused by the abrasive method he uses.

I suppose that if you can't argue intelligently, then resorting to personal attacks is the only route available.

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
I suppose that if you can't argue intelligently, then resorting to personal attacks is the only route available.

This is rich, Marty the master of the personal slight, the originator of thousands of snotty, snarky and pissy remarks is now crying "FOUL"
I do believe that Marty is capable of intelligent discussion but since it is such a rare event, I simply cannot let this one slide by.
No doubt I'll get a pleasant PM from Marty for this......

.................................... NOT

John G

He has been pissy like this ever since my secretary dealt with him, he really hates strong women.... LOL

The Preacher

has CCS OP's ever been or will they be tested by a lab to determine if they do or don't damage the construction of carpet???

i know for a FACT that John was invited to send a machine to Shaw for testing. did it ever happen???

hogjowl

Idiot™
John:
You're digging deep to come up with any excuse for my criticism of your method of choice (and sales). Your secretary has nothing to do with my low opinion of OP as a viable method. You simply need to stop the denial and look at the problems your system poses for the professional cleaner.

Address the problems and stop offering excuses.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I understand that a pig will, "pound for pound" piss four times as much a human.

It's great to Marty getting all worked up and pissy.

OP like ANY other method has it's strengths and weaknesses, use it for it's strengths in situations where it will help. Only an idiot will have many tools in their box and then use a crescent wrench as a hammer when they have a perfectly good hammer in the box !!

John G

Again Porky, it does not pose a threat to the professional cleaner, and there is no denial.

Many cleaners of integrity who have been doing this much longer than you also come to a totally different conclusion, why is that?

How much did you spent to make hwe work for you?
How much did you SPEND to make OP work for you?

As for any method, you have to stay abreast of what is happening and what improvements are, you have to send money to attain those improvements and to go to the next level.

Sitting back and bitching about something that really is not even applicable to todays OP'ing shows you have an agenda, you are not offering any KNOWLEDGE, even though you often would like it to be viewed as such.

Your opinion of WHAT?
I sell a method, that includes the right type machine, the right type driver, the right type pads and the right cleaning products, when in the any recent past have you USED the method I sell?

That is like me trashing a vortex after using a portable.

G

You guys evidently don't realize that if it's on the Internet, then it's true...

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I think this video might be a good marketing tool for the consumer, but there are too many problems with it for a PROFESSIONAL to use it to prove a point on this board. I mean, are they even running a VAC on the HWE carpet side, or just getting it wet? that would be easy to do.

I can clean most carpets as well with either method, there are just circumstances where one is better than the other. Add to that the fact that alot of CC's with wonderful equipment won't take the time to do the job correctly and I can pretty much shine with either method.

This argument is kinda like arguing over whether a screwdriver is better than hammer. (I wonder if I heard that someplace already?)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom