the purse strings have snappEd!

Mikey P

Administrator
Since the crash of 08 there has been an air of thriftiness in the best little town in the golden state. "lets put it off for now, oh it's not that bad, it can wait, maybe next year"...

But the winds have changed, the end is not near, the floors are filthy and it's time to start spending again.

My real estate buddies see the same thing, houses going right and left in seconds for cold hard cash. over and over.

Cleaners from all over Cali are telling me the same thing. packed schedules, no room for more, sorry mam but we just can't get out there this week or next.

Good news for the rest of you as the trends star here and more to the right..

Job for Thursday, and the shit aint even dirty...

View attachment 2486

What are you fly over peeps seeing?

Last edited:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
idk what fly over means?

i was with you up until the last few months...we never had a Spring rush. i chalk it up to being a fluke thing. but then the last 3 weeks have been fantastic. picked up 2 new quarterly accounts and 1 "as needed" account. it goes up & down for us, no complaints at all.

i should'a got into this business 5 years sooner, love it.

FredC

Village Idiot
the grey part....

statemap.gif

Name
Torrey Whitaker
I thought it was just the fact I've grind at this for 5 years now and it was really exploding.
But I started at the bottom of the barrel of "economy" in 08. So I've only seen each year get better and better.
I'd rather lived this than started in 01 and got fat and lazy and then lost half the work...

But yes, home building has exploded here. Our flooring sales company has been crazy too. I don't have any stake in it but I have sold a lot of flooring jobs lately on a commission to my cleaning clients.
Once I have a couple techs solo ill be pushing sales hard.

Mikey P

Administrator
I went on my own in 2001 Torrey.

We went through the downturn better than most businesses here. Lost some customers but our web presence really took off at the same time and by getting a second truck we were able to keep what we use to give away so we never went down numbers wise.
Now with some soon to be fleet rearrangements we'll be working the two trucks more and not letting anything get away.

as it is, for the last few months we lose two or three a day, either same week or same days.

F

FB7777

The biggest reason I believe Mikey is the demographic you clean for

Stock Market is at all times highs, regaining all the losses post crash and watching any new money theyve invested since 2008 double has restored the wealth effect for your audience

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Up and down, some really strong weeks running hard and then slower weeks like last week. This week we are super busy again which is good.

If the second half of the year plays out as the first did, we should be up a couple hundred thousand over last year. :headbang:

However last year really sucked so beating those numbers really isn't that hard. :neutral:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Since the crash of 08 there has been an air of thriftiness in the best little town in the golden state. "lets put it off for now, oh it's not that bad, it can wait, maybe next year"...

But the winds have changed, the end is not near, the floors are filthy and it's time to start spending again.

My real estate buddies see the same thing, houses going right and left in seconds for cold hard cash. over and over.

Cleaners from all over Cali are telling me the same thing. packed schedules, no room for more, sorry mam but we just can't get out there this week or next.

Good news for the rest of you as the trends star here and more to the right..

Job for Thursday, and the shit aint even dirty...

View attachment 2486

What are you fly over peeps seeing?

No wonder California is broke......no sales tax on carpet cleaning?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Going pretty good, what i have found is work definitely is out there. Just have to hussle a little bit more, no milkman.

Mikey P

Administrator
The biggest reason I believe Mikey is the demographic you clean for

Stock Market is at all times highs, regaining all the losses post crash and watching any new money theyve invested since 2008 double has restored the wealth effect for your audience

only Californians invest in the market?

F

FB7777

I'm assuming your clientele are higher up on the economic food chain than the average schmuck that has less than a years worth of income in investments

Back
Top Bottom