The thinks I can't wait to see from Mikey's fest

Name
Joe
1.- what is new from Mytee

2.- what are the changes on the Scape ETM

3.- the videos of the rotatory machines(T-rex and 360i XL)

What about you?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Most of the demo mounts were only running water some were squirting a little pre spray then rinsing. I was surprised by the vac on the mytee electric unit, Lots of nice people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
What does that mean Mike?

X2

I have a feeling we will have a hard time picking a winner out of the board advertisers...its not a good business move to pick one of the advertiser's machine and say they are better than the other advertiser's unit. Someone is going to get their feelings hurt. :icon_twisted:

Mikey P

Administrator
Looking at the ballots, not counting, it looks to be down the middle. I'll be surprised if a clear winner will be declared.

I certainly have strong opinions and will share them later

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I tried 2 with a truckmount on the rx20 and Hoss. I spun the rotovac without a vac. all were demoed on nylon except the trex it was running on olefin. it had good pile lifting capabilities. It had a hard time spinning on plush nylon.

I felt they all should have been put on the same carpet with the same prespray and rinse. The hoss was fresh water rinsing with an enzall pre spray

The new rotovac got caught on the carpet and twisted it up wasn't able to test the machine on dirty carpet, it appears to be hoss like in size, as for dry times after demoing on the same carpets all day I couldn't tell which dried faster.
You probably couldn't go wrong with any of the 3 one may need some work.

I mentioned I owned a drimaster and received an apology I feel better now.

Probably stick with my rx20 tell it dies then Ill pray about it.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ask and see maybe I missed something but I couldn't agree more. It was each a hands on 40 guys trying each one.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
My take on the rotaries. Disclaimer... I do not run a rotary.

New rotovac. Ok, machine, seems very light. Time will tell if it can hold up to daily punishment. Pricing was $2,400 I believe.

Trex, This machine lookes like it is built well. My favorite feature is the handle can be adjusted up or down very easily. My biggest concern was that it was dripping water on the skirt. As he was cleaning it would leave wet spots on the carpet that would require a dry pass. Another concern is that it seemed under powered on the thicker carpet. And finally it has a flow of 12. That is a lot of water it is pushing down. It is a brand new machine so I believe bugs will be worked out but it does have some issues that need addressing. Not sure on pricing.

Rx20 Same old machine. Big heavy and a workhorse. I don't think you could go wrong with it. MSRP $3,800.... No wait then it went to $3,900 get one fast price is going up.

Hoss, this was probably my favorite machine. seemes to be built very well. Head is designed to not be removed. Cleanout is done by removing top. Sits low to the carpet. Also the new ones have an adjustment to raise or lower flow depending on needs. Price is $2,995

One thing I did notice was the carpets on all 4 machines seemed to be wetter than I like after cleaning.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
smaller version...2195
Larger...2495
Trex...2495
Hoss...2995
RX-20...3995

The new 360 put teflon back on due to the head size....still has the 4 vacs, and 4 jets...2 longer, 2 shorter....pretty much the same as the smaller one from what i could tell

Trex...1st off (and this is meant to be nice but firm) John, dont get mad when someone tells you there are flaws...EVERY MACHINE, goes through changes and some better then others...(think rx with the stupid shoes and jets) but even after 30ish yrs they still tweak things...

so then....Motor...yup this will need to be addressed...dunno if it was the fact of using the gennies from the trucks or what..but on thicker carpet it had a time getting going (think 175 on a shitty circuit) And while the next 2 things are from what someone told me(as i was inside talking when they picked up...hence not many samples:hopeless:) and I would concur with this one, as i used a 175 with a solid handle vs a plastic....uh its going to break..seemed it had cracked i heard...and the carbon fiber pole was looking a bit weak... Also the swoops were backwards:confused: I didnt see it, just told to me while chatting about it....cant believe i missed that:madder:

but it seems to be a solid start to another choice of tools...

Hoss, has made some adjustments (see john EVERYONE doesnt get it right off the bat)
all 5 bars are full length....took out the jetting disks in favor of one of those adjustable needle valves Jim talked about...so adjusment on the fly....made a new uhhh "cap" though not clear anymore (its blueish) suppose to be stronger, and they found out why they had stems breaking...bad batch not centered i think it was... Moved in the support bar on the back, so can roll up or down stairs better.. took off the handle "guard" and put in a flip "switch" that you need to just flip out of the way to pull the trigger...very easy.. Made the handles bend in by 3" I heard.... Fixed the rattle of the wheels...

Damn do i pay attention or what:afro:

Rx steady eddy here...though he hinted at a pretty big change up...or possible new one....dunno....due in the fall i think it was....

Did all that make better sense???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom