the ultimate OP for cubicles, church pews and resi work..

Mikey P

Administrator
1645229529084.png

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don't see how it can be any better than the original one if there's no spray jets on it

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't see how it can be any better than the original one if there's no spray jets on it
Spray SYSTEM you mean.

Its better for certain situations BECAUSE of that.

With no onboard sprayer, you have to spray ahead of yourself with a pump up or electric or backpack, thus giving the old cleaning process more dwell time rather than immediate agitation which for residential carpet as a plus.
And with no spray system, there's that word again system, you can maneuver it into tight areas. Much easier.

Think of it as trying to park a pickup truck without a trailer attached, that may help you process this better..

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Spray SYSTEM you mean.

Its better for certain situations BECAUSE of that.

With no onboard sprayer, you have to spray ahead of yourself with a pump up or electric or backpack, thus giving the old cleaning process more dwell time rather than immediate agitation which for residential carpet as a plus.
And with no spray system, there's that word again system, you can maneuver it into tight areas. Much easier.

Think of it as trying to park a pickup truck without a trailer attached, that may help you process this better..
I'll never use an OP in a residential setting.

With that aside, the spray system you're referring to is part of a reason to use OP. Making the job go faster. The increased agitation reduces the need for dwell time.

You're taking the original purpose of the OP cleaning from maintenance of commercial carpet to yearly cleanings in residential and "church pews?" really?

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I have an Odyssey and a Vibe. Odyssey for tight offices and the Vibe for open areas. I did use the Odyssey on a resi job were the custy requested “dry cleaning”.
It was easier than the Vibe. Was I proud of the job? Idk. Custy was happy.

Shooting video using a wheels up OP one handed. It’s a smooth machine.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
I understand your promoting OP, but just another situation where the RotoVac StairPro rises above all.
That being said, why not run a nylon-braided line in tandem with your power cord? Replicate the plumbing&jets from the larger model Trinity''s and feed from a remote pump and solution source.
The same system could be used for regular OP/Buffer machine of your preference, to eliminate the awkward solution tank and prevent spillage when changing pads or cleaning heads.

Mikey P

Administrator
I understand your promoting OP, but just another situation where the RotoVac StairPro rises above all.
That being said, why not run a nylon-braided line in tandem with your power cord? Replicate the plumbing&jets from the larger model Trinity''s and feed from a remote pump and solution source.
The same system could be used for regular OP/Buffer machine of your preference, to eliminate the awkward solution tank and prevent spillage when changing pads or cleaning heads.

It not awkward and it doesn't spill is why not

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Possibly the best residential VLM machine.

Maneuverability of a rotary, with cleaning depth of an OP.

The reason I haven’t pulled the trigger yet is because I’ve read at least a dozen posts where owners complain about the small motor being overworked with certain pads.

Mikey P

Administrator
Possibly the best residential VLM machine.

Maneuverability of a rotary, with cleaning depth of an OP.

The reason I haven’t pulled the trigger yet is because I’ve read at least a dozen posts where owners complain about the small motor being overworked with certain pads.
Which pads?

Mikey P

Administrator
Some scrub pads and microfiber pads with more aggressive scrub strips.

Sounds like the carpet tape also has an effect.
The Odyssey is not meant to replace the Phoenix, it's meant to compliment it and to be used alongside to do the lighter soiled sections and tight areas in a home or buisnesses.

I assume you're reading this over on that anything goes group, where I would imagine the people complaining just stepped up from an oreck orbiter and they're bitching that this thing won't perform like a phoenix that they should have bought

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
The Odyssey is not meant to replace the Phoenix, it's meant to compliment it and to be used alongside to do the lighter soiled sections and tight areas in a home or buisnesses.

I assume you're reading this over on that anything goes group, where I would imagine the people complaining just stepped up from an oreck orbiter and they're bitching that this thing won't perform like a phoenix that they should have bought
Even the people who have mentioned certain pads over working the motor still love it.

I don’t post in that group anymore, I can’t tolerate groups that promote shitty work.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Even the people who have mentioned certain pads over working the motor still love it.

I don’t post in that group anymore, I can’t tolerate groups that promote shitty work.
Ive used it at my events with blue micros and the grout brush (which kicks ass) and my only critique is that I need a longer handle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom