The white magic 1200 direct drive. Spill The beans! What do you know about it?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
As I'm surfing the web, I'm seeing several of these for sale, with a decent (not too high, not too low) amount of hours on it, which tells me that they were ok for the current owners.

I'm seeing two different models: One with a 45 blower and one with, I think, a 56blower. If I find a killer deal on one, which is the best? Or should I just pass on all of them?

I'm looking for another unit if I need another tm for apartments and big jobs only for the technician to operate, that is in my price range of I don't know yet, so don't bring that up.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I remember when sapphire slapped their logo on the original WM 1200 design.

I’m just wondering how good that model is.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I heard rumors about that sapphire 1200 having issues and they put on a bigger clutch to handle that 56.

All hush hush I heard.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Just wondering how much difference there will be if you don't enlarge the plumbing to match the larger blower.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
The 47 has 3" inlet and outlet, the 45 is 2.5". If the plumbing between the tank and blower and the out the silencer is only 2.5" seems to me your choking the larger blower.

Reactions: Russ T.

steve_64

I love mine! I have the 56 it's old wore out and I still love it. I like the layout better than my butler too.

I wouldn't hesitate to get another. It took awhile to get all the leaks and stuff fixed it's an ongoing issue due to age and hours but it's a great machine. Wish I could buy a new one and add a couple tweaks. I'm going to be tweaking the butler too.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The 47 has 3" inlet and outlet, the 45 is 2.5". If the plumbing between the tank and blower and the out the silencer is only 2.5" seems to me your choking the larger blower.
Mine has 3" except for the silencers. I would use that bit of backpressure for an extra preheater, similar to their "Vulcan" idea.

steve_64

Mine has 3" except for the silencers. I would use that bit of backpressure for an extra preheater, similar to their "Vulcan" idea.
To the waste tank from the blower mine is 4 inch I think. Then 3 to the filter then 2 to the connect.
Exit is 2.5 I believe but not positive. It may be 3.

J

JS41035

As I'm surfing the web, I'm seeing several of these for sale, with a decent (not too high, not too low) amount of hours on it, which tells me that they were ok for the current owners.

I'm seeing two different models: One with a 45 blower and one with, I think, a 56blower. If I find a killer deal on one, which is the best? Or should I just pass on all of them?

I'm looking for another unit if I need another tm for apartments and big jobs only for the technician to operate, that is in my price range of I don't know yet, so don't bring that up.
All the late model (2004 -2010 ) that I have seen have 56 blowers. The 1200 HV is pretty cool. Most have the Vulcan post HX also ( think Butler Max heat and Max vac). The resale plummeted when WM tanked. Or at least I assume it did based on how cheap some sold back in 2014-2016. So you can still find some slamming deals on relatively low hour units.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Screenshot_20180412-233833.jpg

I was going off lil blurb at bottom but its not the most detailed specs, I'm now assuming its still direct drive not slide in?

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Chris A

Name
Chris
I bought a used 2003 four years ago and had it about a year as a backup, half second truck. It had the 56 and Vulcan. I sold it when I bought a new truck 2 years ago and the current owner is still using it daily

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
On that 2000 can you run both blowers at the same time and have them connected ? As in waste tank connected to run in series?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'm sure the design was designed to run two wands. Is there more stress on the drive chain running two blowers?
And what kind and size serpentine/single clutch?

What is the lift set at?

Back
Top Bottom