The Zipper tackles another greasy one!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
People know I won't be someone's SHILL just because they give me something for FREE.

If it's a POS by golly I'll tell you.

Reactions: Willy P
Name
Marcus
I am still learning with the zipper.....
I am at 14 water flow and this thing flies thru returants... No fan on the night jobs
About 2-3 hour dry time
Best tool on the market once you get used to it
For homes I use the wand for corners and underneath furniture and the zipper for main traffic..it rocks

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
No pressure here Jim! =) Take your time, tell us the some straight sh.. on the Zip. I'm really hoping it will help me on my big (8-10k) com. jobs and my big empty res. jobs.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't like to get to far a head of myself.....but because of what I seen today it is worth the mention....sad news is that because I handed my camera to my guy and we did not realize that the picture card was locked..all I have are a few pictures from my phone that I used to text a few guys and show them what it did.....

First job today was one of the fire stations that I do .......they bop me all over town once a year to clean the carpets and some times sometimes UPH....

PA020092_zps1004f096.jpg

this 2 areas of carpet was pretty bad....light blue and it was jet black....pre-sprayed with a mixture of Flex and a extra touch of citric for good luck...

I don't normally warm up the machine on my first job.....but knew I was going to need all the heat I could get......

PA020090_zps5b788be0.jpg

got it to a good running temp and pulled the zipper off the truck...( and this is where I don't have some great pictures because of card being locked..:madd: )...
at about 400 PSI and one clean pass and one dry pass the zipper flushed and made a night and day difference in both these carpets......It was pretty impressive how easy and fast it was..once you get it set..it was simple to use and it moved around everywhere I wanted it to go with no problems....the amount of crap that this thing flushed out was amazing to see.....

PA020087_zps378597c5.jpg

Great tool to have..The Eric out did himself on this one.......I will be getting another for the other truck....can't wait till the schools come up...

P9220077_zps95375128.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Dang Jim,

Now with that kind of endorsement, I am more than excited.

And....a little bummed I have to save some more cash to get one for our other truck too.....but if it is a time saver for what we do....

TIME IS MONEY!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
What's the difference between Jim's handle Zipper and Mark's?

Any difference between productivity?

What is the average per square feet a Zipper can do on glue down? (low to med soil).

Our sales team are doing well and we're hitting commercial accounts hard now, trying to get a feel for what the production base per hour will be w/ the conventional or new handle on low to medium soil level which is most of the properties we've come across.

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Good morning guys,

I was just going to update everyone as well.

We got it out of the box, and put it right to work the next morning.

I did not have the chance to run it very much, but my son in law was running it on 3 jobs that were essentially residential situations (2 in an elder care facility and 1 in home job).

It took us just a little time to get used to how to use the unit as we are used to throwing a wand around or a rotary. I have done drag heads in the past (many years ago). We also spent a little time messing with the height to find the sweet spot. Son in law found what was comfortable and still recovering well after about 4 small tweaks.

I did make a video, but it did not turn out...Grrr....

Anyway, I have a couple of pics, but the carpets were thick nylon frieze on a decent backing. We had 150 feet of hose on our high heat Butler (100 feet was 2.5 inch) We have the large Zipper and really do like it so far. It flushed well and recovered probably even better than a wand.

We had the weight on the unit yet, and after seeing the video on Erik's website, we need to take that off (guy thing....never read instructions :) )

On our 3rd use with it, we used to flush out a carpet that had a special "Dog Smell" problem. 2 big Newfoundland dogs had been in the place for 3 months (only supposed have been visiting for a couple weeks). We had cleaned the place a couple weeks ago and treated with odorcide, but still a problem, so I had Aron (my son in law) go back and told him "Hit it hard with the Zipper and really flush it out!" Then did another treatment with odorcide. Don't know if helped, but we had the thing, so lets try it.

I have a very large 2 story Restaurant on Tuesday night (very soiled!) and will be really putting it through the paces and test with this, our 2 Butler High heats, and a lot of other tools at our disposal such as RX-20's, high flow Prochem Ti wands, and red scrub pads....Bringing all the heavy artillery!

So far...we like it... just want to put it through some more tests and report back.

Here are those couple pics.

Cleaning Newfie smell
20141003_131928_zpsf9a79781.jpg

Cleaning in elder care facility residents
ZipperSnapshot110-4-20145-36AM_zpsf566886d.png

Reactions: Erik and Mikey P

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We all know that Mr. Happy is going to love the tool, but please report any negatives you encounter, as well.

Mr Happy... Lol

My wife says you should encounter me during the work week....

I'm a bear.... So she says!

PS.... What's she know .... Sorry honey.... I didn't mean that comment... Dang here comes the frying pan!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
When your ready to dump it I can help you recover at least 25 percent of what it cost you as long as you pay shipping it to me.

I think I am already looking for another one....so when you are tired of all those "Extra Toys" you are not using, let me know and I will pay for the shipping to get it to MN! :stir:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
So average sqft per hour is in the 1600-2000 sqft range?

Any difference in productivity in the different handles?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
So average sqft per hour is in the 1600-2000 sqft range?

Any difference in productivity in the different handles?

Hey Bill,

I got the regular handle just to get under things a bit more, and it was just a comfortable for us.

I haven't had it enough to be able to tell you our production rates yet.

Have that big restaurant Tuesday night, so hope to get a feel for the unit more.

Going to actually try to clean a couple of my carpets yet today....more experimentation :)

Will try to let you know as things go though

Reactions: tmdry and Erik

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Sounds like only positive feedback. Any Cons? Are you using the zipper with a needle valve?
I am suprised to see it used before the Hoss.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Cons: Tight areas, transition areas, around the back side of beds in small rooms, some closets.
And if you can't figure out how to adjust it correctly.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I can say to much about the difference between mine and the straight handle....aside from mine being more sexy.............I messed around with the straight one at MF and Vegas...I do think the angled one is more comfortable...easier to move and sets on the ground a bit better...and is easier to push under things.....but again...I have limited used of the straight one...I only tested and played around with it...I never took it out and really cleaned with it....
No need for a needle valve or any type of adjusting or improvements on this....from everything I have seen and watch this thing do....you are not going to dial this in any better then what Eric has it right now.........

Back
Top Bottom