There are no stupid questions...

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Except this one:

When people say to run a rotary at 300 psi, is that with the trigger pulled or the psi setting on my TM?

I ask because there’s about a 100 psi difference from the setting on my TM when I pull the trigger.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
That’s what I was thinking, especially if I’m getting only 200-220 with the trigger pulled.

I thought you were Chavez.

FredC

Village Idiot
friction loss

and I'm not sure if people adjust their rotaries keyed.......

manual for 360i says 50-300 psi......I'd probably raise it (keyed) provided you are getting good recovery and saw better results

*lowering the jet size/flow will decrease friction loss.....some also have a flow control valve

Last edited:
Reactions: Meter Maid

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
friction loss

and I'm not sure if people adjust their rotaries keyed.......

manual for 360i says 50-300 psi......I'd probably raise it (keyed) provided you are getting good recovery and saw better results

*lowering the jet size/flow will decrease friction loss.....some also have a flow control valve
When you say “keyed” do you mean increasing my psi at the TM to allow for the loss from friction when I open the trigger?

Reactions: bob vawter

FredC

Village Idiot
When you say “keyed” do you mean increasing my psi at the TM to allow for the loss from friction when I open the trigger?
yes
I am saying that is the reason for the drop and that you could compensate for it

not that you should....

scotty747

I just crack the shut off valve until I get water. Then add more pressure if you need it. No need to soak it unless its trashed.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Except this one:

When people say to run a rotary at 300 psi, is that with the trigger pulled or the psi setting on my TM?

I ask because there’s about a 100 psi difference from the setting on my TM when I pull the trigger.
Always set your pressure and your chemical meter with the trigger pulled. Come on, Man!!

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
My understanding Is that if you are getting a 100 psi drop when the trigger is pulled then the pressure regulator needs to be replaced.

Name
Matt Middleton
I just crack the shut off valve until I get water. Then add more pressure if you need it. No need to soak it unless its trashed.
I installed a needle valve right after the Trex quick coupler. Then I can easily control the amount of solution hitting the carpet. It really made a difference to our cleaning and dry times.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom