Thinking of changing name!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I had a few phone books with Professional Carpet Cleaning on the top and people would call and say is this Professional? Under it said Sam Millers Carpet care,

Thinking of using Sam Millers Professional Carpet Care, On the web I will discuss it with my SEO guy I know they would have to make changes all over the place.

Just wondering.

My son is taking a 16 week class to get into Northrop and I don't see it as a pass down thing eventually sell or shuting down. I hear it's easier to sell if your name isn't on it.

Need to do a redesign for my trucks want a wrap that pops, I'll have my last van paid off in 6 months only have a SS 570 payment at that point.

I'm leaning away from a slide in to a PTO later this year gonna sell older van ad a new truck.

With that I want to start with the wrap.

Just wondering if anybody else has changed they're name????

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Phone books are no longer relevant enough to warrant any effort to change anything, nonetheless to possibly screw with your Internet presence/rank.

Better have a really good reason to change a long established business name that is in good standing, and already woven deep into the fabric of the Internet.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Sounds like it's pretty much the same, he's sneaking professional in there.

Couldn't be that harmful I wouldn't think.

Or helpful.

Focus on the wrap design rather than a name change IMO

Reactions: SamIam

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
If you are thinking about selling and that is the reason for the name change I would take your name out alltogether

SamIam

Name
sam miller
What's PCS?

I'm out of all phone books now but still get is this professional? It doesn't happen a lot most business is from yelp, and repeats.

Last edited:

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Sam
From your post I had a hard time getting what you are trying to do. You went from a name change, to selling, to equipment, to advertising.

What is you name?
This is what I thought your name was Sam's Carpet Cleaning
Your name is awesome! I would use Sam's Carpet Cleaning
Brand the heck out of it.

Vehicle Wrap
Does your truck look like a national franchise?
Can you see it coming?
Do you know at a glance what this company is about?
Clean bright and simple. That's what you need!

Selling your business
The value of your business will come when you are not the main driver to its success.
The value will also come when you can show profits big enough that a new owner can pay you for it and still make a decent living.
Few people will have the backing of another business that they could buy yours and wait to make money from it.
If you think selling some old equipment and a list is what will have value you will be disappointed.
A business that is worth buying has systems, employees and profits! Most buyers are not looking for a job they own. The smart ones at least.

Equipment
Will it make you more money?
Does what you have today run and is it dependable?
Save the cash if you can.

Good Luck!

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I'd keep it as is. I used to get pissed off at numb customers calling too. My business name was ACME Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning.

That's how I'd answer the phone.. "Thank you for call in ACME Carpet blah blah, my name is Bill, how can I help you today.?"

No lie, first thing they would say is.. do you clean uphostery? On the inside "I'm screaming WTF people"!!! On the phone I'm smiling (sometimes through gritted teeth I'll amit) and responding " Yes Maam or Sir we sure do!".

I'm not as hung up on it or take it as a slap in the face anymore. People are so distracted now.

Like Groomer said... at least they are calling YOU!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom