Thinking Outside The Boxtruck

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Chris Adkins said:
I lost a ~$1200 rug order a couple weeks ago to an impulsive client because we couldn't take 12 full size rugs at once when we were there cleaning carpet. Would have loved some sort of a box truck then...

Should have gone to U-Haul or even Home Depot and rented a truck.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Mike Draper said:
royalkid said:
Here's a story for you all:

I was a great tech working for company that only used bonnets...SUCKED!!! I wasn't happy using them, i knew this was not the "superior cleaning" that was being advertised. I found the red board and the rest is history.

After 7 years of working for the above mentioned company (ONLY stayed because they gave me a TM). I decided to start my own company. Thought i'd start out with the basics, couple buffers, mytee porty (heat/500psi) a used RX-20 and all the other things we need. Anywayz, I've used porty's in the past and knew the job(s) could be done well, pre-vac, pre-treat, pre-aggitate with 175, RX-20, Post bonnet, groom....good stuff. After doing 3 jobs with that set-up....i went out and bought my 1st TM (BUTLER) and it rocks!! BTW, Thanx for all the tips/advice harper, you're awesome!!

The point I'm trying to make, if all you know is a porty, ok, you can get good results, but once you've tried a TM and see how much more you can do and less headaches....not too mention (let's face it)...it's gonna clean better (more heat, better extraction).

Brian is an intelligent guy, he's trying to make money, but come on bro, you can't try to act as if your subs w/ portys (OR JUST BUFFERS) are cutting the mustard. The ONLY way you can get a custy (to think they're) satified is to BS them. When I worked for CD, as a newbie, I knew NOTHING about carpet cleaning and drank the Kool-aid myself, but then the logical part of my brain came in and said, "WTF man, THIS IS BS" That's when I told my employers i wanted the TM, NONE of the other hacks wanted to do the extra work the TM came with...they were content with pre-vac, pre-spray, buff and run....I've known guys spray-n-buff 8 areas in 1 hour...come on!! That's when you can tell who "CARES" and who is the rip-off hack!

Just my .2

Carry-on

After 7 years you decided to leave Chem Lie? How can you clean carpet now knowing that you will never be as BIG and SUCCESSFUL and them? Remember, they are the biggest in the world and you will never compare to them. Heres a quote from you
That's funny Mr. DILL....our CTS-450 is made by hydramaster...and so is our powerhead (RX-20)....keep pushing that mop and out cleaning the worlds largest cc company...fookin' twizotch ;)

:lol: That's awesome!! Looks like i really nailed you with that one! Just continue following me and waiting for the right moment to drop an old post....you're still a twizotch! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom