The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
1716928693235.jpeg

That I'll be doing this Thursday. I'll post after pics when I clean it

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I had a job like that but not as bad. It was vacant and the rest of the house wasnt that bad. I wanted to see what I was up against so I started working on some spots, red and such. almost all came out so I presprayed the room and opened the closet doors only to be hit hard with cat urine. Texted the home owner.....remove and replace. Well there was 30 minutes wasted....

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
I wouldn't clean it....sometimes customers need to be told it's time to replace the fn carpet
nah. Besides the heavy soil and a small area where urine is, it should clean up just fine. You know as well as I do that it won't look new, but I can make it clean enough for another tenant. That's why I'm in this business. But they will be charged extra $$ for the extra steps needed to make it presentable since this is far beyond a maintenance cleaning.

FredC

Village Idiot
nah. Besides the heavy soil and a small area where urine is, it should clean up just fine. You know as well as I do that it won't look new, but I can make it clean enough for another tenant. That's why I'm in this business. But they will be charged extra $$ for the extra steps needed to make it presentable since this is far beyond a maintenance cleaning.

Looks like it was used as a litterbox to me.

I couldn't in good conscience make it "clean enough" for another tenant especially since there are good odds that would be a child's room...

I probably wouldn't "help" a homeowner with this problem much less do what I know shouldn't be done to help a landlord save a few shekels...

Reactions: they live

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Looks like it was used as a litterbox to me.
Main reason why I carry a “nasty” vacuum cleaner beside my clean vacuum cleaner.

To all of the new guys that have been active on here. You need 2 vacuum cleaners on the truck with you at all times. One for jobs like this and another for nice houses only

jeffexe

Name
jeff
Here is my question. If you start cleaning jobs like this are you not opening yourself up as the Miracle worker of what should clearly be replaced after cleaning and stretching costs. To me it is not worth my time or effort. I would rather stay with the reputation of being the high end professional cleaner. Once you clean that carpet, more jobs like that are going to come out of the woodwork and you are king of the Trashed Carpet.

FredC

Village Idiot
Main reason why I carry a “nasty” vacuum cleaner beside my clean vacuum cleaner.

To all of the new guys that have been active on here. You need 2 vacuum cleaners on the truck with you at all times. One for jobs like this and another for nice houses only
I don’t care how many vacuums you carry you should be ashamed of yourself for being complicit in this situation

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
I don’t care how many vacuums you carry you should be ashamed of yourself for being complicit in this situation
It's not my job to tell the customer what I "think" they should do with the carpet. These stubborn people would just call somebody else if I tell them it's not cleanable. If the carpet is covered in urine over a dramatic percentage of the room, then yes, I would refuse it. But it's not. You know as good as I do, that I'm not just going to spray whatever is in my HF and do a quick HWE and leave. I don't need a lesson on ethics so I'm not ashamed of making the carpet cleaner than it was

Like our leaders of carpet cleaning says:
Restorative cleaning required the much more aggressive cleaning of a restorative approach that removes far more soil but requires far more time and productivity to accomplish. most restorative methods involve use of water so they require more time for the caret to dry and the use of air movers can reduce drying time. Restorative cleaning removes more deep-seated soil from the baking of the carpet than any other carpet cleaning method.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Now I feel like I owe your judgmental ass my process for cleaning
1. Treat stains after vacuuming (red stain)
2. Heavy acid rinse all urine spots (I don't do the peroxide/bucket flush method on carpet anymore with a wood subfloor and pad underneath due to increase of dry times and added growth of bacteria)
3. Treat carpet with surfactant/heavy peroxide mixture
4. HWE with 600psi of top heat and Milban 1-2-3 24oz/gallon set at 4 on rinse.
5. Set up fans

Last edited:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Looks like the Dorm rooms I cleaned for SFSU. The campus union janitors couldnt handle it and Coit walked off the job.

The results were remarkable, but that was when I had the Vortex. I refused the work a few years latter because I no longer had the Vortex nor the crew to handle it.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Looks like the Dorm rooms I cleaned for SFSU. The campus union janitors couldnt handle it and Coit walked off the job.

The results were remarkable, but that was when I had the Vortex. I refused the work a few years latter because I no longer had the Vortex nor the crew to handle it.
Exactly. The customer says, "I know it needs replaced, but I just want you to clean it". Ok So you satisfy the customer's needs. They don't need a lesson on ethics. You do the best you can and don't overpromise and let them know that gravity is still in effect underneath the carpet.

Reactions: AlienAgent

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I’ve done plenty of them, but they’ve always been connected to something or someone that made me not be concerned of the outcome. As Rick said, just do what you can. They’re aware.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
As I’ve mentioned before, I had the choir director of my largest account’s house was worse than that. I would take him a snow shovel and roll around and tell him when he got the shit picked up, call me. Debri and shit. Sometimes he’d leave the shit for me🙄

FredC

Village Idiot
It's not my job to tell the customer what I "think" they should do with the carpet.

They don't have the phrase "professional opinion" for no reason

These stubborn people would just call somebody else if I tell them it's not cleanable.

So? If you've advised him the carpet should be replaced you've done your part.

They don't need a lesson on ethics.

Mr.Owners may not need or want a lesson on ethics but you should have some

they live

Name
Steve

I wouldn't vacuum that with your vacuum. It's a waste of time and then you have to haul that stink around. No thanks.

Reactions: Mikey P

FredC

Village Idiot
So did you do the right thing.....or did you clean it?

If you did clean it, with it now being wet, can you explain to me how you've done anything but create a cat 3 water situation where the carpet and pad would be disposed of?

Poor little Timmy will probably have Toxoplasmosis now....

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes
Back
Top Bottom