This is advertising plan is working out well

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I met the owners of a local milk company what they do is deliver door to door. About a month ago I got there route list for my town 560 addresses. Now if you want prequalified these are the people. Milk delivery isn't cheap and they take care of their homes in unbelievable fashion.

I have started mailing 100 a week and the return was great but now I am overwhelmed with calls. They delivery to surrounding towns also so I agreed to maintain their VCT floors in their plant (small area) in exchange for their delivery list.

I would suggest a few things
1. if you have a high end service in your area that goes to homes weekly get on board with them, whether it is dry cleaning, meat delivery, fed ex guy or milk delivery. You can also look for the milk box at the front door and drop you flyer in.

2.work out deals with local companies that you take care of an entry way monthly and theypromote your business. Such as a food deliverycompany like Katsiroubas Produce delivers to all the restaurants all around my area and they will put my deal on their invoice just for maintaing their entrance. That is 600nursing home, hospitals, corporate ining, catering, restaurants, etc etc

3. I handle all the Karate studios, Boys and Girls Clubs, Dance Studios and gymnastics studios in my area and they have my lawn sign in each window. My sons Tae Kwon Do costs $91 a month my other sons Dance and Gymnastics is even higher, so again prequalified prospects and inroads into your community

If you can build these relationships it will pay you back in GREEN

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Good idea. I do not have milk delivery in my area but we do have dry cleaners that do home service.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Greg,

Good idea. No milk delivery here. (I didn't know anyone delivers milk anymore)

Just shows that every area is different.

I have been talking about marketing should be seen as relationship building for years.

Building alliances is easier (as Greg knows) if you offer a benefit to your center of influence and they will reciprocate by giving your company free advertising.

Write down the center of influences in your area. (there are likely hundreds)

Can be other businesses, services ,organizations or groups...............

You can almost drive around and if you see a parking lot full of cars you may be able to turn it into an opportunity by talking to the right person in charge giving then a benefit and having them refer your company.

(This ain't rocket science)

I'm not talking about putting flyer's on the cars. (That is littering and intrusive advertising.)

I'm talking about forming a mutually beneficial alliance that all involved can all benefit from.

Greg ; Thanks for slipping up and not being a fuctard.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Milk delivery...are you serious? The 1960's called, they want their Milk-Man back. Maybe you can just pass out flyers at the drive-in theater :?:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Peter thats the key, it is a specialty service(i get milk delivery) and costs alot of money. If they have that kind of expendable income they will not question a 2-300 dollar carpet cleaning bill to make sure little billy doesn't get sick. I am going to PM you the company and you will see what I mean

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bundy said:
I met the owners of a local milk company what they do is deliver door to door. About a month ago I got there route list for my town 560 addresses. Now if you want prequalified these are the people. Milk delivery isn't cheap and they take care of their homes in unbelievable fashion.

I have started mailing 100 a week and the return was great but now I am overwhelmed with calls. They delivery to surrounding towns also so I agreed to maintain their VCT floors in their plant (small area) in exchange for their delivery list.

I would suggest a few things
1. if you have a high end service in your area that goes to homes weekly get on board with them, whether it is dry cleaning, meat delivery, fed ex guy or milk delivery. You can also look for the milk box at the front door and drop you flyer in.

2.work out deals with local companies that you take care of an entry way monthly and theypromote your business. Such as a food deliverycompany like Katsiroubas Produce delivers to all the restaurants all around my area and they will put my deal on their invoice just for maintaing their entrance. That is 600nursing home, hospitals, corporate ining, catering, restaurants, etc etc

3. I handle all the Karate studios, Boys and Girls Clubs, Dance Studios and gymnastics studios in my area and they have my lawn sign in each window. My sons Tae Kwon Do costs $91 a month my other sons Dance and Gymnastics is even higher, so again prequalified prospects and inroads into your community

If you can build these relationships it will pay you back in GREEN

So you're spamming a mailing list that these poor people gave to their "milk company" trusting that they wouldn't sell them out?
I would be careful of that.
What the hell was that milk company thinking?

Maybe if you did a mailer FOR the Milk Company...or they did one that mentioned you...but to just mail them directly is junk mail brother.
That's the same as buying email lists and spamming them.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You would be better off to network with that milk company and promote their company to your customers and let them do the same for you.

I can see it now.
"Hi, I'm Greg ...a friendly CAhpet CLeeenaH. I just bought a mailing list and guess what? You're on it! Sorry about your luck but you'll be getting unwanted mail from me from now on unless you can get an act of Congress to stop me. Just ask Robison, I don't let up and i'm a real idiot when it comes to understanding how decent people operate. Want your CAhpet Cleeended?"

Carry on.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Usually with a JV mailing it works better if the marketing piece looks like it is coming from the company the prospects are familiar with and the company they are familiar with personally & highly recommend your services in the marketing piece.

If you mail it out of the blue(cold) it becomes just more junk mail.

Your father in-law should of told you many times by not.

It's better to first warm up your list.(Or in your case you are turning in into a cold list.)

Parlay the relationship the prospect already has with the milk company.

Don't just use it as a list.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
It is mailed in a white standard letter envelope.

Becker

Name
Becker
We have dairy delivery in this area, and eggs.

Best return I ever get on cold mailings is pieces in standard envelope. Much better than postcards, sucks cuz the cost of labor and postage is higher. But in the end the ROI is higher.

Before I read replies after your 1st post was.. What the hell!
I'd be pissed if a company I contract with for a service releases my information to a 3rd party company.
Now getting a insert with the monthly bill, or with delivery, sure.
I'm really surprised the company sold their clients out.
I mean after all, how would they know you would not turn around and sell it to another dairy service?

That being said.. If you got the info it is not a bad on you..
But a bad on the dairy company.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Then don't aproach the service companies in your area if your so worried about semantics, it is a terrible idea for some of you I guess.

The milk delivery system that Hood(and many others0 has in the area there is a big milk box on your front steps. Not exactly discreet. When I signed on I got exclusive offers from other companies because I checked the box on my contract with them.

Other dairy companies in the area just drive door to door by just looking at the big metal box on the steps, not exactly discreet

Becker

Name
Becker
Same type of service here Greg....

I don't see a problem with it. Even less of a problem knowing the dairy company offers an opt out option.

So what do you mail them?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Greg,

If it a special offer it should come via the dairy company.(You pay all costs of course) Offers get a better reception if they come a company the prospect already use and trust.

If it comes in a plane white envelope it won't hve the same responce.

Also have the diary company put a reccomendation of your business in the letter.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Dave I can only work with what I got.

I disagree with the white envelope. I had tons of people say that is the only reason they opened it because it was hand printed on a white envelope. I don't open all the mail from the milk company. I wait until they put a bill in my box

Becker

Name
Becker
Yeah, I don't agree with Dave completely here.

I sort mail over the trash can, if I can ID from the outside and know it won't interest me, or is not important I dump it.

Plain white envelope... Hmm I have to open it to see what is inside.

But then again, you got them to open it, so what matters is what is inside it?

So Greg, share your wisdom.

Whats is inside?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
GReg,

Since you mentioned about opening bills it reminded me of an other possible option.

Have them put your ad in their bill.

Another variation of this tactic(but a bit outdated because of direct deposit)is to put ads into employee's pay checks.

My friend Craig Jasper made a mint in Chicago with this tactic.

I have updated this tactic by getting my ads right on the employee's computers that they sit in front of all day.

WOW!! we are having a reasonable discussion about marketing.

We can all learn from each other. Long as we don't descend into crap throwing.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

I am not sure if you missed this Dave

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I must of missed that.

I was just trying to find a work around for the dairy co. mailing to keep it warm since you have a relationship with them already.

Always better to work warm prospects(or warm them up) than to convinced cold prospects to use your service.

Kind of like, it's better to market to the friends of your clients than to blindly market to strangers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom