Those who do more than three jobs per van/day

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I had 7 jobs yesterday. Man I smelled after lol. Had a tech for 5 of them and then did the last 2 alone. I shoot for 2-3 jobs a day, but sometimes I get those ones that "need it ASAP" and they seem to all come at the same time. I had a guy call me at midnight last night wanting the carpets cleaned today. Told him I could get him in at 8pm at the end of the day, he called this morning and said he had already found someone that could do it right then. I hate losing a job based on availability. Very tired of the people that need it ASAP because we know they really don't. I try to leave "holes" in my schedule to accommodate them.

I've been spreading myself way to thin lately for these same reasons. We have to remember that the best customers will wait (a little, if they can) for us.

I was roped into driving WAY out of my market earlier this week. I had cleaned for them in a town just south of us and she was insisting I was the only one she wanted to clean. While cleaning she told me "if you wouldn't have come, I wouldn't have had them cleaned."

I loved hearing all these things about how wonderful she thought I was but it got me thinking (on my long drive ;-)). I have to learn to say no. There was a time, like last Winter, when I couldn't afford to but now I'm running myself ragged.

Generally, great customers will wait for you. Ask some of the guys on this board (Mike) how far they are booked out. I'd love to put ourselves in that position. People waiting on US because they know we are the best!

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
My son in law clocked in 63 hours last week and not sure what he had this week. I would venture to say he will have close to 30 hours of overtime this 2 week pay period!

I have no clue what I put in....

We got to the same point where, sorry....we are worth the wait and will try our best to get to you in a timely manner and also find a time that will fit your schedule.

People just are not willing to wait much this year (my brothers are seeing that too). I think it was the late Spring, and people are just finally getting out of that Funk, and ready to spend the money on cleaning.

I do have my regular customers who will wait for us. Just some of the new calls that just don't plan well.

Also had another company leave an elderly man "High and Dry" after that told him they would get to him by 3 pm the other day. I had even pushed my schedule around to get to him, but he did not get the message in time. They were moving into the house the next day. He waited at the place until 5:30 pm for the other company to show. They did not and did not call.

I got the call from him asking if the other appointment I had a week later was still available.....It was filled....so as I was getting my first bite of food for the day, I asked if he was available right now (5:45 pm) if I made the 50 minute drive and clean the carpets yet tonight.

Dead silence on the line....."you would really do that?"....Yep, we are on the way with 2 vans!

Entire house done in about an hour with the 2 units. I gave my son in law a $100 bill out of my pocket for even considering doing this with me. (That boy is gold to me!) ...and extra pay as well.

Still came home with $500 for our work....and a customer who will be telling a lot of people about his experience with us.

So....that is always the hard part....do I leave a guy hanging, or keep doing what I am doing....

A lot of times things work out for the best...but it is hard work some days!

Winter is coming again....so I am busting tail to get every dollar I can right now, pay down bills, TRY TO COLLECT MY MONEY FROM THIS PAST SEASONS RESTORATION, and be ready for some southern exposure this winter (and MF11!!!)

It is not a perfect world, but there have been some I have no problem saying....sorry, this is our earliest opening.....

Best wishes to everyone....I am hoping to maybe get on the lake for the first time this year....IF IT EVER QUITS STORMING!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

I know that there's lots of boy scouts here, therefore my concern.
MF just doesn't sound right.

Like:
"- Where are you going?
- I am going to MF.
- Don't talk to me like that."

So............me thinks from now on- MBF.

"Where's everybody?
Like you didn't know. All those MF went to MBF 11."

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Sorry.
I am still in mental recovery from you mentioning hummus and lox on the same post.
Rrrrrrrrr.............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom