Thoughts on this tool?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
BUT WAIT!! THERE'S MORE!!! For an additional handling fee - WE WILL INCLUDE A SECOND GROUT GROOVY FREE! AND A SPARKLE PONY! AND A NEW ROLEX WATCH! not valid in states whose name has a vowel.

FredC

Village Idiot
It will be in the pantry instead of the hall closet with their carpet scrubber when you come to clean...

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Why not?

I've tried everything else on the planet.

Host crb's, 10" and 20" Austrian crb's, 175's with grout brush, mytee OPM with grout brush, bonnets with scrub strips and manual brush's on a pole.

I've always imagined a tool like this might come in handy.

FredC

Village Idiot
Why not?

I've tried everything else on the planet.

Host crb's, 10" and 20" Austrian crb's, 175's with grout brush, mytee OPM with grout brush, bonnets with scrub strips and manual brush's on a pole.

I've always imagined a tool like this might come in handy.

It would probably be good in a beefier version....didn't makita on a stick guy's contraption do this (could be another one I'm thinking about)

edit: I may be thinking these and similar
Hefc30c0bfda6490ea1fbe4bcad4cc491J.jpg_960x960.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Giorgio

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
George, a chiseled edge pole brush will be faster and more effective.

Are you talking about one of these type of brushes? If so, I agree that they are a "must have". Especially for reaching under toe-kicks and edging.

Do you scrub all the grout lines exclusively with a pole brush?

Btw, I went totally ballistic on the last grout job I did a couple weeks ago. The lines where badly stained so I didn't hold anything back.

1. Scrubbed with 20" CRB with white bristles (just for fun)
2. Scrubbed with 20" CRB with green bristles (good results)
3. Scrubbed with 10" CRB with white bristles (best results)
4. Scrubbed and edged with chiseled grout brush on a pole (no noticeable improvement except under toe kicks and edges)
5. Rinsed with spinner

Afterwards, I still thought the grout looked dingy but the client was ecstatic with the results.

(I forgot to mention earlier that in the past I have tried using a weighted Square Scrub with grout pads... no weno).

So far, out of all the different techniques I have used my favorite is still those crappy little 10" Host CRB's. They are light weight, high RPM and work well. Also, for larger jobs you can chain two of them together to make a 20" crb.

The Mytee OPM can't be beat for performance but is guaranteed to damage grout using their 1.5 hp machine with grout brush attachment. Ask me how i know... not cool.

I would definitely be willing to try the groovy grout. Especially, if it's high rpm. Besides, it's compact, light weight and will fit perfectly with the rest of my grout tools hanging in the rafters of the van.

I would order the groovy grout tool today but I need to order a replacement Cat Pump now! Also, the Mercedes dealer sent me a quote on Friday to repair my Sprinter van. The quote was 5k to get it running or $12k to pimp it out. lol.. So, I'm arranging for a tow truck to bring it back to the yard so i can fix it myself for under 500 bucks.

Also, I'm knee deep in tax prep so all discretionary spending is currently on hold.

It's not easy being cheesy 🧀

bb-sharkgb-ea.jpg

Back
Top Bottom