Three floors flood at another hospital Monday night

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I called in sick yesterday and when I did I was told we had a water loss at another hospital. Not as bad as the others, they used 80-pieces of equipment. They said mostly dry a few walls ceilings are still showing moisture but it's doing pretty good for no longer than it's been.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not yet, when we get nearly everything out a couple of times in a year, we will buy a few more pieces.

I hate to buy it and see it sit but I think this spring or summer I'll buy a pallet or two of of axial fans.

Actually the closest we came was when I sold 250 air movers to a local company that had a large project. Then we got hit by a storm and the couple of dozen I kept back for emergency was stretched pretty thin. Everyone was mad at me for doing it but a few weeks later they were happy when we got all new.

I did the same with a water truck, I sold it and we got hit with storms and we were down a truck. It happens , but again they were happy we they got a new WDR truck. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Not yet, when we get nearly everything out a couple of times in a year, we will buy a few more pieces.

I hate to buy it and see it sit but I think this spring or summer I'll buy a pallet or two of of axial fans.

Actually the closest we came was when I sold 250 air movers to a local company that had a large project. Then we got hit by a storm and the couple of dozen I kept back for emergency was stretched pretty thin. Everyone was mad at me for doing it but a few weeks later they were happy when we got all new.

I did the same with a water truck, I sold it and we got hit with storms and we were down a truck. It happens , but again they were happy we they got a new WDR truck. LOL

(insert begging smiley) we could sure use a few movers Doc ! 1 wobbly rattle cage with paint on it just looks bad, never set it on 3 and leave! EVER

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Just over 40-man hours put in Monday night, 8-Technicians worked from 7:00-12:00.

We are completing our bill but I'm told it's around $12,000.00 not too bad for one evening and some monitoring throughout the week. Best part is it didn't disturb an already busy week of Fire and Mold work.

I'm told there are some pictures but as often happens if Dan or I am not involved they get caught up in the heat of the battle and don't think of marketing. Heck why should they have water flowing and people running, they think extraction and drying up until mop up time and then they remember pictures. :errf:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes but much different kind of photo's they take damage and equipment pictures. Rarely anything I can use, I want to see it before they start extracting and drying.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's always the best idea, but my technicians have had a few times when they we yelled at for not extracting. So they will generally work first until it's under control and then take pictures. If it happens in the day Dan or an estimator will go over and get some shots but at night they are more concerned about processing the work ahead of them than getting me marketing shots.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yep.

At that large loss we had in the summer a lady confronted on of my supervisors when he was getting pictures of the suite. These were not even marketing pictures but shots of damage that would later be cleaned up and the adjuster or loss prevention guy would want. She said "Should you be extracting water?" Which he couldn't all the trucks there were being used plus equipment was already being setup on the floor above her, within an hour or so the crews would be down to her floor. Funny thing is she was just a nurse, not the office manager or anyone in charge. LOL

Once all the debris was cleaned up, this room looked normal.
DSCN4749_zpsb4808a26.jpg

DSCN4752_zps5f00f3ef.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom