TI wand and the center gap...

Dont see it.........after 3 weeks and various capets jobs, no differnce not having another orfice in the middle.....another board myth...LMAO

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
You never really notice it until your jets get worn out. When your ti wand streaks, you know it's time to change the jets.

Take care,
Lisa

Mikey P said:
center gap?

you mean between the 2 manifolds?

when did this become an issue?

Yes thats the one.....apparantely is suPPose to be an issue when compared to other wands.....this maLfUnction was ALWAYS brought up....lMAO

truckmount girl said:
You never really notice it until your jets get worn out. When your ti wand streaks, you know it's time to change the jets.

Take care,
Lisa

Ill keep an eye on it...thanks Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Actually the centers are (or at least were) 80's and the rest 95's in the stock ti wand. A wider fan hits the tube. Not sure if they
ve made changes to the newer models.

If you put checkvalve/extenders on, then you run 110's all the way across (95's on the ends if oversparay is a big concern for you) and you definitely won't have problems.

Take care,
Lisa

hogjowl

Idiot™
Wrong, dear Lisa. If you put the extenders on, you run 110's on all but the two outside jets. On those you use 80 degree jets. The 95's still overspray.

Thank you,
Marty

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Waldo said:
My Prochem 6 jetter Titanium wand leaves a center gap. Also leaves trails on both ends.

Golden Boy

operator error no doubt.... :roll: :roll:

BTW, right you are, Lisa.
I went out and found my stock Ti jets.... 8001 center jets

..L.T.A.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I have 110s all the way across and, obviously, if there was streaking anywhere I would find that to be completely unacceptable. Sometimes, because of the jet extenders, you make pressure lines in a pile carpet. A dry stroke removes them.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's not streaks that I'm talking about. It's overspray ... and I know that my two Titaniums and one Greenglide with 110's all the way across can not possibly be the only three wands in the world that experience it.

I don't like those wet lines. You can't see it on most carpets, but it's there. But just watch when you clean a commercial carpet and you will see it. Most folks probably do a dry pass and then it's not an issue, but on jobs that have all the time in the world to dry (like rentals), I don't want to HAVE to do an extra drying pass.

So I went to 8002's on the two outside jets.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dealtimeman said:
are you sure you are properly using your equipment? :shock:

I know what he's talking about, Mike.

You won't see it at all on cut piles.
It's not as obvious on dark colored loop piles either.
But it sticks out like a sore thumb on light colored com.
It's most obvious on the light gray com

It's not peculiar to just the Ti.
It happens with many wands.
Especially when you add a glide, cause it raises the wand head up a tad

Marty, is your Ti stock, 'cept for a glide (I'm ASSuming you have a glide, cause the sumbee is near impossible to push without one)
Do have the long ck valve extenders?

and if so, do the 80s clean all the way to end?

..L.T.A.

G

admiralclean said:
It's not streaks that I'm talking about. It's overspray ... and I know that my two Titaniums and one Greenglide with 110's all the way across can not possibly be the only three wands in the world that experience it.

I don't like those wet lines. You can't see it on most carpets, but it's there. But just watch when you clean a commercial carpet and you will see it. Most folks probably do a dry pass and then it's not an issue, but on jobs that have all the time in the world to dry (like rentals), I don't want to HAVE to do an extra drying pass.

So I went to 8002's on the two outside jets.
and now you cant get edges very well huh?You should be over lapping anyway lazy ass :D

Mikey P

Administrator
I have the four and the six jet TI wands.

No streaking on either because I angle the jets to hit the very edge glide.

I can also run higher pressure and flow with out soaking the backing with this set up

hogjowl

Idiot™
Again, it's not streaking that is an issue. Keep up Mikey. It's the over spray that is the issue here. And, angling the jets to hit the corner doesn't stop the problem either, especially at higher psi settings. All it does is puddle past the edge. On my titanium wands, it only the left side that does it badly.. The right side is very slight. On the Greenbean wand it does it equally badly on both edges.

Larry, I run glides on all my wands with the jet extenders. When I first bought my Greenglide wand, and first noticed the problem, I had 11002's all the way across. I went to two 9502's on the two outside edges, but it really didn't help any. When I bought the V, and got the two titanium wands, I noticed immediately that I had the same problem. I put 8002 jets on it, with extenders and the glides and it sprays right up to about 1/8" away from the outside edge with no overspray. The rest of my jets are 11002's in the middle.

Greenie

You know, when I see dumbass post, i always thought it was a bama thing, now I think it's a southern thing.
There is a large GAP in the center of the Ti wand where the water is significantly reduced you morons, but thankfully the jet extenders and the wide angle spray jets help to compensate.
at least say thank you...sheesh.

And no dry stroke? I'm ignoring that one, reference above bama comment.

Greenie said:
You know, when I see dumbass post, i always thought it was a bama thing, now I think it's a southern thing.
There is a large GAP in the center of the Ti wand where the water is significantly reduced you morons, but thankfully the jet extenders and the wide angle spray jets help to compensate.
at least say thank you...sheesh.

And no dry stroke? I'm ignoring that one, reference above bama comment.

I did say thanks for the extenders etc you kalifornia freakazoid.

Chris A

Name
Chris
my Ti seemed to streak worse AFTER I installed extenders and larger jets.

Back
Top Bottom