Time Pricing Idea

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
What about a Structured plan of this sort?

(EXAMPLE)
Carpet Cleaning
TimeTypeDetailsFurniturePrice
60 Minute Carpet Cleaning For 1 Room With 1 Hallway Without Furniture Moving $100

45 Minute Carpet Cleaning For 2 Rooms With Hallways And Stairs Without Furniture Moving $95 - $105

60 Minute Carpet Cleaning For 3 Rooms With Hallways And Stairs Without Furniture Moving $175 - $185

90 Minute Carpet Cleaning For 4 Rooms With Hallways And Stairs Without Furniture Moving $190 - $200

120 Minute Carpet Cleaning For 5 Rooms With Hallways And Stairs Without Furniture Moving $245

180 Minute Carpet Cleaning For 6 Rooms With Hallways And Stairs Without Furniture Moving $275 - $285

45 Minute Carpet Cleaning For 2 Rooms With Hallways And Stairs With Furniture Moving $155 - $165

60 Minute Carpet Cleaning For 3 Rooms With Hallways And Stairs With Furniture Moving $235 - $245

90 Minute Carpet Cleaning For 4 Rooms With Hallways And Stairs With Furniture Moving $250 - $260

120 Minute Carpet Cleaning For 5 Rooms With Hallways And Stairs With Furniture Moving $305

180 Minute Carpet Cleaning For 6 Rooms With Hallways And Stairs With Furniture Moving $335 - $345

Copy to Fit Reality, Edit in red and share your Ideas.

CLee

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I don't like it either...

you are either making $100 per hour, $175-$185 per hour or $235-$245 per hour. Who decides what plan you would use?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its a good idea to have a target rate but it's totally another to price by the hour. No matter how much or how little someone will bitch about the price.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Its a good idea to have a target rate but it's totally another to price by the hour. No matter how much or how little someone will bitch about the price.

It's a Known Fact that you cannot please everyone, why try? To me that is asking for trouble.
Simplicity is what I am looking for, very basic, very simple. Of course you would still have upsell ability on other services and to say that won't come out.
When it boils down to it, what's it cost to run your machine for what it's meant to do and apply your best service (clean it at all cost).

Time Is Money!

Plus, why the heck else would there be an hour meter, ain't no taxi cab unless yur Mehican : )

Reactions: Desk Jockey

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
my mechanic, electrician, Hvac guys charge me that way. not the painter, window washer, or landscaper. To hard to change that much.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Many many years (late 70's) ago we had a Steamatic franchise that charged $75.00 an hour and should on the invoice estimated time and the price calculated out.

They seemed to do fine with it eventually moving on to Wichita a much bigger city.

I thought they were nutz, it seems like you hurt yourself for being efficent and productive. The faster you go the less you made. The if you charge more as a built in cushion, you price yourself out.

I'd tread lightly before doing anything too drastic.

Reactions: GCCLee

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I tried a pricing by the hour scheme once before and the problem I quickly ran into was people people associating there hourly rate as being charged lawyer prices. Customers can't justify in there head 150.00 per hour but they are fine with 2 rooms and a hallway for 150.00 and you know it's only going to take an hour.

Reactions: BradD and Newman

Billy

Name
BH
We only use hourly pricing when there is no way to know our time to complete the task. We prefer to give clients a price up front but when that just isn't possible we have a flat rate of $300.00 per hour calculated in $75.00, 15 min incriminates (minimum charge still applies for job though).

I really don't like charging hourly though due to not wanting to seem like we are just riding the clock to up the bill & have never tried it as a primary pricing method.

We price wall to wall Sq' & linear footage usually.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom