Time to give up on the Shark

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
As much as I love the Shark its time for a change. They definitely changed something in their manufacturing process. I believe they changed their supplier for the roller brush motors. This is the third time in as many months that I’ve had a defective motor. So, today I’m returning it and may be moving to something like a Dyson. I like the best buy warranty but I should more than a month out of these things.

E9FAC0F0-AB5B-4D69-9507-AC7BACBC27EC.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: Living The Dream

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well I returned it. The guy said they have been getting a lot back with the same issue and its now discontinued. I am giving the newer model a try.

2444CF73-0E24-4F2A-8480-8361CC1E8C11.jpeg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Unbelievably I got to the register and they said their ability to run and credit or gift cards went down. So looks like I’ll need to order online with my store credit gift card.

And people want to go to a cashless system. We aren’t ready.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
As much as I love the Shark its time for a change. They definitely changed something in their manufacturing process. I believe they changed their supplier for the roller brush motors. This is the third time in as many months that I’ve had a defective motor. So, today I’m returning it and may be moving to something like a Dyson. I like the best buy warranty but I should more than a month out of these things.

View attachment 122334
Buy a cleartrack

Name
Swani
We have 3 of the Shark Vertexs and they are all shot. I called the warranty center because I have the lifetime VIP warranty and they wanted to get on video call so we could try and troubleshoot. I told them I much appreciated their attempts to try and troubleshoot, but I didn't have time to do it right then. They also would only let me do one machine per call. Hopefully this week I can ge through them all and get my claims done.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well boys. I am really down right now. I’ve only used this new shark three times and the roller brush stopped working today. I must be cursed.

I’m now truly convinced they’ve replaced their motor supplier with some sort of cheap Chinese garbage. I’m returning it and getting a Dyson.

• Sad

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Well boys. I am really down right now. I’ve only used this new shark three times and the roller brush stopped working today. I must be cursed.

I’m now truly convinced they’ve replaced their motor supplier with some sort of cheap Chinese garbage. I’m returning it and getting a Dyson.
Same shit, different pile.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Slow down. I know you!
Place your emphasis on the pull and stop forcing the push. Pushing hard (and fast) on the forward stroke does little to increase soil removal and place’s enormous stress on the head.

Charge more
Hurry less

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The upgrade to the Dyson only cost me $21 including the 3 year extended warranty. Yahoo. I’m now in unlimited Dyson replacement territory. I’m moving up in the world.

We should start a betting pool on how long this one will last. Winner gets a free ticket to Drunky Fest.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Slow down. I know you!
Place your emphasis on the pull and stop forcing the push. Pushing hard (and fast) on the forward stroke does little to increase soil removal and place’s enormous stress on the head.

Charge more
Hurry less
Bless your cholesterol clogged heart

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The upgrade to the Dyson only cost me $21 including the 3 year extended warranty. Yahoo. I’m now in unlimited Dyson replacement territory. I’m moving up in the world.

We should start a betting pool on how long this one will last. Winner gets a free ticket to Drunky Fest.
2.5 months

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
It will be throwing it in and out of the van that will kill it, not the using part. I thought Dyson’s were a no no on residential carpet:stir:😬😉 6 Mo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom