Tip for Butler users.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
If you don't like cleaning filter bags, get some devastator filter disposable liner bags from Joe Bristor. They fit perfectly in the filter box as a liner inside the stock bag. $0.59 each. End of day, just replace and go.

DSC08690-800.jpg

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Joey, I am talking about the butler filter box. I used piglets with the lint hog and pool filters on my previous rig and I had to change them several times a day. The large filter box on the butler means you can usually change it only once at the end of the day with no noticeable chance in air flow. The surface area is several times greater.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
bill thats awesome..whats the filter inside the bag? just for size comparison? also no issues with not
having the metal ring? filter bag doesnt suck down?

thanks for this tip!!

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Hi Dave, the picture is off Joe's site so the small SS mesh filter is just there for comparison.

They are big enough that you when you place them in the butler bag they will touch the bottom and you still have plenty of room to fold them over the square metal insert which locks them in place.

Hope that makes sense. They hold in place perfectly.

I tried them without the butler bag, but the seam at the bottom broke open. So now I just use them as a liner which is the way they are supposed to be used with the devastator filter.

You have to cut the handle off the butler bag.

Thanks Dave for all you help with my first butler purchase, it is an awesome machine!

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Makes perfect sense and glad you are happy. I am going to order a bunch of them from joe. Looks like a nice quick little trick. Thanks for passing it along!! Take care and have fun with your baby
Dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom