TM insurance

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
How do you cover your tm? My auto policy only covers so much. Not enough to get another tm if something was to happen. My state farm agent said to take out another policy to cover equipment.

I had a pto for years and now I have a slide in. I guess it's different since it can come out.

Thanks

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I tol em to it would cost $75k to replace it and deal with the drama.

They started charging me more obviously.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i had a truck stolen......they stripped the PTO completly....
finally they found my truck.....i jus had to show the adjuster the bolt holes where it was mounted...covered!

Reactions: GCCLee

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
as long as they don't want a receipt for my truck mount. I built the frame and everything soI don't have no $20,000 receipt.but if something was to happen I need to make sure I get enough so I can get a used truck mount or put a good downpayment on one.

steve_64

do you have a commercial policy for the van?

your business insurance should cover some equipment also i think.

ive been going over my policies to make sure my ass is covered.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Inland Marine policy

The following coverages represent a wide range of the types of coverages typically called "inland marine":

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have a commercial auto policy and business liability policy but it didn't cover enough to replace every thing. I don't have a back up van so I want to make sure I'm covered.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't believe a TM would be covered under the auto policy.

I'd check to be sure. The only thing worse than paying for insurance is not having coverage for what you thought you had. I don't think its all that much. Better safe than sorry!

Reactions: GCCLee

steve_64

check with other insurance companies. state farm wouldnt cover what i needed so i switched.

my business insurance also covers me if im injured or get sick and cant work as well as renting equipment due to fire and things like that even while being parked and stored.
my agent called it disaster preparedness i think.

i now have workmans comp for employees at the same price as just liability. it pays to shop around.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
state farm will cover with comm insurance if it is part of the van, bolted down...at an additional premium

any loose tools is different insurance

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
State Farm covered my truckmount. They needed proof that it was attached to the van, an estimated value. It was covered by commercial policy on the vehicle and an inland marine rider.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I'm going to get the inland marine policy for 10k to cover stuff in the van. It's amazing how*it all adds up when you when you look at what you got.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom