To All The "Rich Carpet Cleaners" Out There........

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
You know, the one's on this BB that are in the 7 figure range....any of you show up at the Barrett-Jackson Auction this week? Been watching it on Speed Channel, and 99% of the winning bidders are mid to older age fat white guys! That kinda describes a whole lot of CC'ers here.

Man, there were some fantastic cars roll through there this week.

John Watson

When they rebuild the seats, they add extra reinforcing so the new short owners can look over the steering wheel instead of through it..

keithk

Yeah I am probably doing away with the gear drive this spring. Getting paint done before it hits the streets also. I think I am going with the hotrod black. Or I'm gonna spend the big bucks on A candy Apple Red. I fuel up almost every time we go for a cruise.. It's worth the fun!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
keithk said:
here is what I am working on not quite barrett- Jackson material, yet. Love watching the show hough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w25HOrA2pQA

That's a great sound ....for motor heads!! Gear drive timing set. When my Son rebuilt my old 85 Astro van with a 350 motor, first thing he did was install gear drive. Sounded so cool when he just cruised up the street.

There was an amazing number of "custom" (altered) early Corvettes that exceeded $200,000! Of course, a straight stock earky Corvette or Camaro really fetched the bucks!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
John Watson said:
keithk said:
here is what I am working on not quite barrett- Jackson material, yet. Love watching the show hough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w25HOrA2pQA

My patches has primer gray on him. Neat car, How many MPB do you get??

As far as BJ auctions 99% of the time they push them on and off... :lol: :lol:

True....alot are just pushed to the staging area. There was an older Chevy ....maybe a Belair??....that had a Merlin straight 12 in it from a fight plane, but it wouldn't fire up after a few attempts. They were saying the engine was valued at over a Million.

The B-J auction is like a car wreck.......you can't turn it off or look away. I was watching it till 1:00 EST.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
juniorc82 said:
crowley is the only filthy rich millionaire knocking down 7 figures in here :lol:

You mean Crowley's wife. The highpowered executive that supports Greg's cleaning hobby.

Magic One

Hey RW, I'm a car nut. Own 3 muscle cars. Watch the weight issue. I'm 5'5" and 383 lbs. I'll give you a sumo belly push.... :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom