To invest in a truckmount or to not invest in a truckmount...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
my porty grossed me $500 today and will gross another $250 tomorrow

View attachment 103739

right tool for the job, admittedly I hope not to roll it out again in a hurry
My op's grossed me over $600 today in a little over 2 hours. Still I wouldn't trade in my truck mount. Made another $200 with my porty as well today

Reactions: Hack Attack

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I figure (not including trailer/vehicle) that I can start my carpet cleaning business for around 5K if I do not use a truckmount.
Yep. A sharply lettered minivan (doesn't have to be new) will let you park in high-rise garages where a portable is needed anyway. You need to have a good quality portable; the Hydramaster PEX is a good example of an all-around unit.

If the bulk of your work is in the suburbs, I'd recommend starting with a used truckmount (sharply lettered) and skip having to deal with the extra time involved in portable work.

OP/pad cleaning is an INTERIM APPEARANCE CLEANING METHOD only. Used properly, it can be a great way to manage the appearance of a carpet while reducing your costs. I won't get into my experience with seeing carpet that had to be replaced after multiple paddings and no extraction, but we saw one in a condo complex just last week.

Who do you think gets to pay for that replacement?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
The most important part of cleaning Upholstery or area rugs IS-- TRAINING AND EDUCATION!

There are two types of cleaners-- Those who have bought customer's damaged furniture and THOSE THAT WILL EVENTUALLY.
The most important part of cleaning anything is getting the customers. Whenever I hear people asking what type or kind of equipment they should get I always ask, "How are you going to get your customers?" And what compelling reason will they use you versus what they are currently using?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The most important part of cleaning anything is getting the customers. Whenever I hear people asking what type or kind of equipment they should get I always ask, "How are you going to get your customers?" And what compelling reason will they use you versus what they are currently using?
Most of them say, "I'll do it cheaper".

Reactions: Mikey P

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
should be able to put my porty away for awhile, will probably be back through these holiday rentals mid jan

20201120_121308.jpg

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Take mine,it sits there.
Every manual on every subject.
An me as sick as I am for work related tip...
I'm sick as #$@k.
If it's reborn,she will serve you for a decade with care or more...
What’s your location and cost. Any photos?

have someone who would do very well as a cleaning tech.

F

FB7777

I saw Caesars van back when I picked up my 2003 Butler

its a really old Ford Econoline from the mid 90s I’d guess

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
95...but she just sits.
Every thousand was an oil change with k/m...
But now she just sits...

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
A vacuum, a simple portable for rinsing and a 10 inch CRB for scrubbing. Vacuum the carpet, put down your pre-spray, scrub with the CRB and rinse with the portable.
Get a couple blowers to dry as you go and you are going to get good dry times and get better results than most using a truck mount.
If you did all that and rinse with a truck mount it would be faster and you wouldn't need a Chiropractor. Your back will tell you when it's time for the big truck mount...and the phone ringing with new customers...when you are busy enough to justify it...go big.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom