to meet the new standard within our industry...

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: Butler Hose Management
Posted By admiralclean on 9/17/2011 at 10:37 PM

I am sure Butlers are fine units, or they would not have managed to stay in business as long as they have. However, it amazes me that they seemingly refuse to change their footprint and accessories to meet the new standard within our industry. From the outside looking in, they seem to waste space unnecessarily in the van, and cling to live reels and injection pumps that don't work long.

Am I confused?

Marty

I'm going to disagree with you.

Butler IS meeting the "Standards" of OUR industry.

You of all people should know that more than 90% of the cleaners whether they be mom and pops or Hagopians empires do NOT pre vacuum, pre scrub or carry around other time wasting "value added service" devices that take up van space.

a few gallons/quarts of chems, 1 snail fan, a rake, a pump up or electric sprayer, a stair wand, a uph/hand tool. maybe a crusty old bootie or two and 7 pounds of last week's waste tank lint is all you'll find "crammed" into the back of those Butlers and full Prochems set ups...

It's only the Boarders and maybe another 10%+/- who lug around two types of upright vacuums, 3 types of floor scrubbers, air paths, corner guards, 30 gallons of chems, walk off mats, 6 Rob Allen Brand Stay Fresh Polo Shirts and all the other hyped products de jour.

that being said you will find a few open minded cleaners with a Tile Turbo or a RDM or 360i sitting in the front seat waiting for those millions to come flushing in..

Mike Draper

P1000954.jpg

I just raised my prices as well after being scolded on here for being a cheap hack.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I actually like the way butlers are laid out. I prevac and could fit my stuff in a standard. I do like the ext for rugs though

dgargan

one of the reasons I got the nissan NV when we sold our last Butler was because we wanted more room. We carry a vacuum, rx 20 and (cimex a lot of the time) Also the extra hose was a problem. The NV is about the same floor space but we can go up with the storage. The reels are bigger also.

Our other Butler is an extended van so it's not as much of a problem.

F

FB7777

Dave,

What TM unit did you install in the Nissan NV?

Love Butlers, but hate the layout and lack of space in the regular length cargo vans

Constantly swapping out equipment to fit the needs of the day.

Some days its ugly the way we have to stack and pack the back of the van :shock:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

How can you agree with these standard FEATURES :

Stainless Steel 10" Double Bend 3- Jet Floor Wand with Stainless Steel Valve and Ultra Smooth Glide (not Teflon),

Stainless Steel High Pressure Heat Exchanger Heats Water to 190°F Plus*

Anybody that equips a TM with a 10" wand is not thinking.

Also, a "live" vac reel is the quickest way to kill vac performance.

Larry

hogjowl

Idiot™
And put the darn water tank, or the waste tank UNDER the unit ... good grief ... what a waste of space! Not to mention the tire wear from that off center mass. I like the way Cleanco sets up their rigs.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Mikey P said:
Re: Butler Hose Management
Posted By admiralclean on 9/17/2011 at 10:37 PM

I am sure Butlers are fine units, or they would not have managed to stay in business as long as they have. However, it amazes me that they seemingly refuse to change their footprint and accessories to meet the new standard within our industry. From the outside looking in, they seem to waste space unnecessarily in the van, and cling to live reels and injection pumps that don't work long.

Am I confused?

Marty

I'm going to disagree with you.

Butler IS meeting the "Standards" of OUR industry.

You of all people should know that more than 90% of the cleaners whether they be mom and pops or Hagopians empires do NOT pre vacuum, pre scrub or carry around other time wasting "value added service" devices that take up van space.

a few gallons/quarts of chems, 1 snail fan, a rake, a pump up or electric sprayer, a stair wand, a uph/hand tool. maybe a crusty old bootie or two and 7 pounds of last week's waste tank lint is all you'll find "crammed" into the back of those Butlers and full Prochems set ups...

It's only the Boarders and maybe another 10%+/- who lug around two types of upright vacuums, 3 types of floor scrubbers, air paths, corner guards 30 gallons of chems walk off mats 6 Rob Allen Brand Stay Fresh Polo Shirts and all the other Products de jour.

that being said you will find a few open minded cleaners with a Tile Turbo or a RDM or 360i sitting in the front seat waiting for those millions to come flushing in..

This wins.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I would like to see judson, prochem, hydramaster or cleanco put a 210 gallon waste tank and 200 gallon fresh water tank in a standard or extended van that still fits in a residential garage and see if they can do better with space. If those things are not important to you than move on. We don't all live a warm climate or have a commercial shop to park in or want to stop productivity during the day to dump the waste tank or fill at customers home in winter when the water is turned off.

No other company even offers those options in a regular van. I am glad that butler does not follow the industry standard. I am also glad that bdcc's can't afford them.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Or what about all the Judson guys that use a big horizontal farm tank for their fresh water tank. Wow, that is really space saving.

Walt

Bill Soukoreff said:
Or what about all the Judson guys that use a big horizontal farm tank for their fresh water tank. Wow, that is really space saving.

IMG_6577.jpg

I have two eighty gallon tanks - one on each side. If someone is using a farm tank with a Judson, it's not Judson's fault - it's what the cleaner did.

I can't imagine wanting to carry more water than that around. But larger tanks are available.

BTW - I have no beef with Butler - very refined machine. It's the perfect machine for multi-truck operation.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use one of these with our 805, it's 250-gallons it's not mounted so we can pull it out when we need to. The transfer pump has all fittings and electrical to disconnect and connect when needed.

She ain't purty but she works great!

33539d1308161086-filter-tote-250-gallon-

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Hey Richard wouldn't it be a good idea to at least strap those puppies down in case of an accident? Do you also use one for waste water on your WDR truck?

Name
Danny Strickland
Doug Rice said:
Hey Richard wouldn't it be a good idea to at least strap those puppies down in case of an accident? Do you also use one for waste water on your WDR truck?

thats what Richard carries his Mt. Dew and little debbies in. you didn't think it was for water, did you??? :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom