To Solicit, Or Not To Solicit - No Solicitation Signs

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
When you're out making commercial sales calls do you boldly stride into an establishment where they have posted a No Solicitation sign on the door, or do you meekly move on to the next door?

Years ago, Howard Partridge told me "I'm not there to sell, I'm there to make friends and drop off some donuts" - or something like that.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've had that question come up here in the last few months and we told our marketing person to pursue it it. You can always beg forgiveness, but we are not there selling or making friends (geezzz really?).

We are there to see if we can offer help. Help in maintaining their facility, help when when an emergency arises. We are not selling in the sense of buying a product but offering our services.

Oh and they didn't hassle our marketing person either, at least so far.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Or put them on your call list and let them know you will be following up if they need a walk through

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
That's what I've been doing with great success . I just go in and give them a card and say "just wanted to give you a card and to call if you need any service" very we'll received

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i've always respected the sign. i turn around and do the walk of shame back to the van. then i call and let the receptionist and the D.M. know that i'm calling because i couldn't leave my info when i stopped by due to respecting their wishes. i've only had 1 prospect comment on appreciating our doing that.

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
i've always respected the sign. i turn around and do the walk of shame back to the van. then i call and let the receptionist and the D.M. know that i'm calling because i couldn't leave my info when i stopped by due to respecting their wishes. i've only had 1 prospect comment on appreciating our doing that.[/QUOTE. They don't mind because I'm not selling anything or so they think

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
When you're out making commercial sales calls do you boldly stride into an establishment where they have posted a No Solicitation sign on the door, or do you meekly move on to the next door?
Never (and I do mean never) have I ever had someone even mention the "No Soliciting" sign. IF in fact they put it up (and not the previous tenant) they have long forgotten about it.

Steve

PS If the one in one thousand person does mention the sign just apologize and leave. The other 999 (and your family) will thank you for ignoring it. Trust me on this one.

Last edited:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
That's what I've been doing with great success . I just go in and give them a card and say "just wanted to give you a card and to call if you need any service" very we'll received

DITTO...

even have 1 of my longest accts...(15 yrs) from one of those....where i just went in and said "just passing out some cards, is that ok???......."oh as a matter of fact..."

Ask to leave it...

Leave it...if they say sure..if not....thank them and leave

and walk out....unless of course they ask a question

simple....

Reactions: Jeff Madsen
Back
Top Bottom