Tomorrow I say good bye.. :-(

Becker

Name
Becker
I have 4 jobs booked for Monday, then I'm unbolting and removing my old but still performing HM.
She has enjoyed the pleasure of 3 different vans, on 3rd new pump, on 4th new engine, blower never touched besides greasing. Misc minor parts gauges belts, apo pumps, fuels pumps, hoses etc and many many modifications over the years.
Over all, she was either easy for my skill level to fix quickly, or was extremely reliable for me.

New to me TM, goes in Tuesday AM.

I'm donating 50% of my sales Monday to a local food bank as a tribute.

Reactions: Mikey P

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Dang Becker
You’re really taking the good neighbor thing to heart.
Congrads on the new(ish) machine.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
She has enjoyed the pleasure of 3 different vans, on 3rd new pump, on 4th new engine, blower never touched besides greasing. Misc minor parts gauges belts, apo pumps, fuels pumps, hoses etc and many many modifications over the years.
Over all, she was either easy for my skill level to fix quickly, or was extremely reliable for me.

That's a big advantage of a good slide-in; outlasting 3 vans.

Never heard of a PTO making it into 3 differnet vans.

Good contribution for the food bank.

Thanks;

Larry

Chris A

Name
Chris
Dont know why a pto wouldn't either, I just think most owners opt to just sell the entire package or repower the van

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen

I'm donating 50% of my sales Monday to a local food bank as a tribute.
Think how much money she has made you, Don.

Steve

PS A motivated and meticulous owner-operator can nurse an older machine along. We found that with techs a slide-in started to give us too much grief with minor maintenance and break-down issues at the 5,000 to 6,000 hour mark. So we would sell them off and buy all new at the same time. (I would keep the best of the litter as a back-up machine/truck and park it outside my office for our urgent "same day" jobs.)

BTW, we also found the Southwest Airlines philosophy of only flying one model of plane worked well for us with TM's.

Becker

Name
Becker
She is in the back of my pick up now. Van is empty. She did earn me a lot of money over the years. My nephew will take it over.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
That's a big advantage of a good slide-in; outlasting 3 vans.

Never heard of a PTO making it into 3 differnet vans.

Good contribution for the food bank.

Thanks;

Larry

The steam genie PTO I used for many years had been in 3-4 different vans with the original blower and hydracell pump. I think the drive shaft was rebuilt once, and of course hoses, wires, gauges were replaced a few times. It was over 20 years old, and thats now been 5 years ago, and as of a year ago they still had it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom