Too much encap

Name
Marlene Slichter
Ok at work this week one of the employees extracted with Encap. Two days later brown traffic patterns formed worse then before the Encap.
I’m trying to explain what Encap overload is too the workers. Anyone here have a good reference site I can refer them too? I work for an UC where the moto is more is better

Marlene

Name
Marlene Slichter
Unfortunately I didn’t get pictures. The path actually turned orange in 3 days.
It was extracted with a clipper portable. Standard CGD carpet.
Agree with over wetting. But also several gallons of Encap was put on the carpet via extractor. Aka 6 1/2 gallon tank I believe

Name
Marlene Slichter
Ok got the pictures from my supervisor. This carpet was extracted on a Friday. No traffic on the carpet till Monday. And limited because it’s UC summer time.
Encap in the extractor

6D55816E-DC94-432E-B3F7-EFC122797578.jpeg 6DE2E09D-84D6-477A-947A-83B6DFC000D9.jpeg

Reactions: Hack Attack

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Lemme get this straight, someone put encap chems into solution tank by the gallons?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If your boss won't let you hire an outside company to clean it with a truck mount, here's what I would do. See if you have an acid rinse product on hand. Preferably with a ph of around 3. Mix it in a pump up sprayer and dilute it about 8:1. Spray the affected areas with it evenly and go over it with the machine that has just water in it. If they put down some "encapsulated" soap 50/50, it might take several passes of this process to rinse it out.

But as Mikey said above, I'd call a professional company with a truckmount to fix the problem to get you back on track to help you maintain the cleaning with your machine in the near future. It'll save you a bunch of heartache later

steve_64

If your boss won't let you hire an outside company to clean it with a truck mount, here's what I would do. See if you have an acid rinse product on hand. Preferably with a ph of around 3. Mix it in a pump up sprayer and dilute it about 8:1. Spray the affected areas with it evenly and go over it with the machine that has just water in it. If they put down some "encapsulated" soap 50/50, it might take several passes of this process to rinse it out.

But as Mikey said above, I'd call a professional company with a truckmount to fix the problem to get you back on track to help you maintain the cleaning with your machine in the near future. It'll save you a bunch of heartache later
Since the topic of acid rinses causing a sticky film when used with ultrapac came up I remember my rinse bucket getting a gooey film when I used fab set instead of all fiber rinse. I think it mixed from what was left on the draw tube because I cleaned the 5 gallon container first.

I would just spread some powder defoamer and rinse the Crap out of it. Let it dry and if it still looks bad bonnet clean it lightly.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Ok, the clipper IS the main problem along with possibly to much chem. Go back over it with a bonnet wet lightly misting with encap. If your using some JanSan encap, I would order from some of the board cos. Of course my recommendation is Excellent Supply, by most here is good. No overload, just dumbload🤷🏼‍♂️
PS Don’t panic, it’s all crap😀

Name
Jeff T
If I’m not mistaken Marlene, you asked a very similar question on another board 3-4 years ago.
My suggestion is the same now, as it was then.
Get some Bridgepoint Clean Free, and prespray it down, and rinse with a TM, or good quality porty.
Then, speed dry with fans.
If the issue is still present, run that system again...

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Rinse well with with Clean Free or another no soap / no detergent product that is mainly phosphate. Phosphates rinse very easily and assist in rinsing out many types of residue including encap products.

Reactions: Cleanworks

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The problem wasn’t likely from the Encap. The problem was more likely the Clipper portable extractor. A walk-behind portable extractor on CGD will invariably produce wicking. I would recommend doing a Low Moisture Encap, perhaps using bonnets, with a good hydrogen peroxide Encap product like Encap-HydrOx. That should resolve the discoloration problem for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marlene Slichter

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Never run any polymer encap type chem thru your system. It will clog up tips and if you have a TM the filters and HX ers.

Drying down a gallon of POS smell like vomit encap scampoo in my garage as we speak to see how much polymer it really contains.

Is it worth the $40-$50 a gallon ?

Stay tuned

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom