Took the Rugbadger on the road to Cape Cod

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Just wanted to share an experience we had with the Rugbadger last week. I've a client that owns an Inn down near the end of Cap cod about 2 hours from us. We clean every Jan/Feb in midweek when not many are staying. In the past we vacuumed and cleaned 4 orientals and regular carpet but I suggested we bring the Badger (1 grid)and they were delighted to be able to this if it meant they wouldn't lose their rugs for days.
They couldn't believe how much dust etc.came out of their rugs after they were vacuumed.
Had extra air movers to get them dry fast.

So the badger will be going to cape cod at least once a year even if in the winter.

I see more opportunities for similar situations down the road

Thanks Dusty, it has made a huge difference in our rug cleaning.

Terry

Greenie

After what i have seen, how on earth do you "clean" rugs professionally without some kind of "dusting" aparatus?

Name
Nate W.
Greenie said:
After what i have seen, how on earth do you "clean" rugs professionally without some kind of "dusting" aparatus?

Sure does beat (no pun intended) using the vacuum with a beater bar. Must be a b!tch to load without a ramp or second person. :wink:

Greenie

really...I didn't think the badger was that heavy..just awkward.

no matter how you slice it, it's a pretty impressive piece of equip.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
greenie, its arkward and was going on E350 with boxer unit which has reel on back so it was a tight fit. Almost took handles off(time consuming) but managed to straighten them up enough to slide in between reel and shelve. Inn owner was more than happy to help loading, I think he wanted to keep it :)
Moving the grids is a safety hazard on one's fingers :)

Will create a ramp for future use, and hopefully down the road would add a box truck to have more space for equipment and picking up rugs.

Terry

Ps. It makes you wonder how much soil is left on regular wall to wall carpet?

tim

The badger is heavy and awkward. As heavy as the cimex and alot more awkward. I planned on taking mine on the road until I lifted the grates off the pallet when it arrived! New plan, bring them to the shop!

John Watson

Be thankful the Dusty one had the forsight to to keep the grates in a smaller size. Mine was the first he saw and it is a bear to move from place to place. it is 10 x 13 one piece.
We roll it out under our drying rack and just roll in back up when through dusting. It has a perminate place against the wall sitting on 2 x 4's

DUSTY

Terry,, great to hear that taking the RB on the road got you the job.

I have a client in Colorado that was chomping at the bit to get his RB because he had sold a rug cleaning job to a very suspicious client that would not let her rugs off her property. He got permission to set up in her carport and went to work. He got paid $5000. for the job.. not bad and it more then paid for his RB.

Here is a video that shows how easy it is to roll your RugBadger around on even on gravel or bad concrete.

Just skip to 1.30 seconds to see how well the wheels work.

u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjdW_uatLR8u]

DUSTY

Yea John,, you were the one that introduced me to the dusting grids. (Do I still owe you!)

I quikly realized that they would be heavy and awkward so we made then exactly 100 lbs each as this is the outside limit of what one man should lift.

We put a strap around them to hold them together and lift, this makes them much more manageable.

They really do make a huge difference and help the soil to drop out of rugs much faster. One of the other benefits is that they help to stop the dust from blowing all over the shop as they form one inch closed cells under the rug to trap the dust.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom