Print Service
QuickBooks
Accountant
Insurance Agent
Letip
Bank
Vehicle

What did I miss?

I was just thinking of the things I use to do business and thought I would list them.
The all be it most important is carpet cleaners of course but I think of it more as working with them than using them as a tool. I end up being the tool most of the time :shock: (did I just say that?)

Ryan

Doing 33 jobs a week?

Couldn't you have a real business with a couple of trucks with the over head running UNDER 50% and do more then 33 Jobs a week?

I always thought you did a multiple of that figure Brian.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ryan said:
Doing 33 jobs a week?

Couldn't you have a real business with a couple of trucks with the over head running UNDER 50% and do more then 33 Jobs a week?

I always thought you did a multiple of that figure Brian.

That was just the last week. It was slow for a few reasons...I had some really big jobs where some of my techs could only do one a day.
It's all about how much you make, not how many you do.

I've stopped doing a good amount of the work with my business because of Network Carpet Cleaning.
I gave up every area except 3 Sacramento (strong) Dallas (medium) and Las Vegas (newer).

The members who signed up...some of them are doing the jobs I used to sub out.
All of them will be doing the jobs that I would have subbed out.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
Some of us real carpet cleaners need to add a truckmount, accessories and chemicals to that list.

Have I ever claimed to be a "Real" (by your definition) carpet cleaner?

I've been cleaning carpets for 20+ years and I was pretty good...but I wasn't a fanatic about it.
I leave that up to the pros.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I've been wondering something Brian. What do you do when you don't have a sub to do the work? Do you lie to the customer and tell them your booked and try to book them far enough in advance to find a sub? Also do you tell the customer that your company isn't the one doing the cleaning? Not an attack just something I have been wondering about you and Greg Cole.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

In areas where I do most of my work, I will usually have a sub ready...unless it's near the end of the day. If I can't do it that day then I tell them why. Whether it be I'm too booked or don't have a sub means the same thing to me.
If it's in an area that I don't do much...(which doesn't really happen now because of Network Carpet Cleaning)...I will have to schedule it a few days out and find someone.

I have come down to the last minute a few times and have just given the job to another company as to not upset the customer and to keep them happy...my reputation is very important to me in the customer world.

I do not tell the customer that it's another company doing the work. If they ask, I tell them that I use independent cleaning technicians that I have work with for years...or months depending who the tech will be.

I've had maybe 10 customers ask me over the years...and I don't think it has been that many.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
[quote="John Olson":1foxqvgn]I've been wondering something Brian. What do you do when you don't have a sub to do the work? Do you lie to the customer and tell them your booked and try to book them far enough in advance to find a sub? Also do you tell the customer that your company isn't the one doing the cleaning? Not an attack just something I have been wondering about you and Greg Cole.

In areas where I do most of my work, I will usually have a sub ready...unless it's near the end of the day. If I can't do it that day then I tell them why. Whether it be I'm too booked or don't have a sub means the same thing to me.
If it's in an area that I don't do much...(which doesn't really happen now because of Network Carpet Cleaning)...I will have to schedule it a few days out and find someone.

I have come down to the last minute a few times and have just given the job to another company as to not upset the customer and to keep them happy...my reputation is very important to me in the customer world.

I do not tell the customer that it's another company doing the work. If they ask, I tell them that I use independent cleaning technicians that I have work with for years...or months depending who the tech will be.

I've had maybe 10 customers ask me over the years...and I don't think it has been that many.[/quote:1foxqvgn]

AGAIN......Do you NOT see your statements as deceitful........ :roll:

You constantly ....Promote yourself as being HONEST.... :shock:
If you were being HONEST....with the potential customer...You would inform them "UPFRONT"
That you will be sending a "SUB"...NOT ..."the 3 card mOnTy"....schrade that you are
projecting with your WEBSITE.... :oops:

You always SAY ..."How much you LUV this Industry"... :roll:

While you steal a NicKel..."ONCE"...You give "OUR" industry..a "Black-Eye.. :twisted:

You are selling a "DERIVATIVE"...of our service...NOT THE REAL DEAL.... :!:
carry on
PonZiE QuEEn.. :wink:

NA-BF032_MADOFF_DV_20100317203647.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Listen here Harpcrite 8)

Do you tell your customers the make and model of the vehicle you are sending to there house?
Do you give the name rank and serial number of the gent showing up?
How about his race, hat size and batting average?

Does your customer know that the owner of the company is fraternizing with women 1/4 of his age and bragging about it on a carpet cleaning message board...and the language his using???

Again, you are speaking from our anal orifice instead of looking at th big picture.

You try so hard...and yet...nuthin.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Wasn't trying to start something just wanted to hear your answers. We have absolute different opinions on the truth. Not telling the truth is actually lying in case no one ever told you :) I'm not the moral police just wanted to know your thought process, and just for the record I catch myself lying/about to lie all the time. The difference between me and you is I know it and I admit it and correct it as fast as I can. :)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Brian R said:
Listen here Harpcrite 8)

Do you tell your customers the make and model of the vehicle you are sending to there house?

Does your customer know that the owner of the company is fraternizing with women 1/4 of his age and bragging about it on a carpet cleaning message board...and the language his using???

Again, you are speaking from our anal orifice instead of looking at th big picture.

If they ask for make and model I can tell them. Made me wonder if your subs show up in unmarked trucks, do they have Priority on the side, or their own company name?

If I'm doing work for another cleaner we just tell them what's going on, it adds to the "explanation" time, but in the end they just want their carpets cleaned.
AS an O/O, I'm the one they hear on the phone, that they see for the quote, that they see come to do the work.

AS for tools, you have way more software than I need, and I have way more hardware than you need :)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
John, I don't go into my entire business structure with every client and neither do you.
Does that make us both liars?

Everyone lies, whether they mean to or not or whether they know it or not...so I am not perfect.

But don't make me out to be some evil doer that hypnotizes the customer into scheduling the job under false pretenses.
That's just crazy.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
[quote="Brian R":183z9rbn]Listen here Harpcrite 8)

If they ask for make and model I can tell them. Made me wonder if your subs show up in unmarked trucks, do they have Priority on the side, or their own company name?

If I'm doing work for another cleaner we just tell them what's going on, it adds to the "explanation" time, but in the end they just want their carpets cleaned.
AS an O/O, I'm the one they hear on the phone, that they see for the quote, that they see come to do the work.

AS for tools, you have way more software than I need, and I have way more hardware than you need :)[/quote:183z9rbn]
See, Ron gets it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I understand it, but if you are selling "Priority Carpet Cleaning" as its own business, you then have to explain why, for example, Happy Carpet Cleaners shows up to do the work or do they show up in unmarked vans wearing a Priority shirt?

There used to be a company in TO that sub'd out everything from plumbers electricians to carpet cleaners. He had a list of companies they would work with. I don't know what percentage they took for the job though. Don't think they took 50%. With the way the world is this is probably going to be an typical way of doing busn.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
I understand it, but if you are selling "Priority Carpet Cleaning" as its own business, you then have to explain why, for example, Happy Carpet Cleaners shows up to do the work or do they show up in unmarked vans wearing a Priority shirt?

There used to be a company in TO that sub'd out everything from plumbers electricians to carpet cleaners. He had a list of companies they would work with. I don't know what percentage they took for the job though. Don't think they took 50%. With the way the world is this is probably going to be an typical way of doing busn.

I don't understand what the difference of an employee or a sub other than pay structure. And that's only because a sub does his own taxes.
Both are humans, both are cleaning, both are providing the customer, themselves and me the things needed and advertised.

Does an arena need to let you know when they sub out security?
I can think of a million examples of the same thing.

You guys are playing the "proud" business owner and can't see both sides.
I to am proud of what I am doing and how I am doing it.
Just don't ever call me a liar and mean it.
We all lie....some of us make a career out of it...I ain't the one.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brain has a different biz model than most of us.

but honestly, I DON'T see where he's cheating anyone or lying to them.
If they ask, he tells them according to what he said.
if they don't ask, he arranges to have their needs met.

He's the one making the merry-go-round, go around.
and he charges for it

I just don't see why you girls find fault in that???

If he called himself "Brian's CCing Brokerage", would you fell better, or still bust his balls?

..L.T.A.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Before this GOES to FAR.... :!:

I DO NOT believe that Mr.Robison is a LIAR.. :!:

I believe the little PRICK...IS...playing something of a Shell Game... :mrgreen:

BUT ...that is because "I am a DinOsaUr...when it comes to iNtErNeT "marketing"... :wink:

" I ..DO...believe that the PUBLIC...are NOT all iDioTs..."

as the NET...is evaluated..& soon REGULATED...:eek:...this type of marketing WILL be EXPOSED..!

Here is a REAL..FeaR....that I have for our mArY... :!: :!: :!:

Heaven Forbid.....Brian..subs a job out to a pEdiFilE...that molest a young child or teenager
at home for the service... :shock:

Brian will LOSE EVERTHING he has worked so hard for..."Not to mention the Guilt he will have.."

AND..YES..I know this could happen with an EMPLOYEE as well... :roll:

But a good ATTORNEY...will "CruCiFy" Network Marketing...for the LACK of DUE-DILLAGANCE
in His hiring practices... :!: Any decent attorney can "PIERCE THE CORPERATE VAIL" and
attach you PERSONIALLY.... :(

Every STATE has different..."sub-contracting"...LAWS..... "be careful"... :|

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I know that any company is at risk in such cases.
I use other companies just as if you would use an accountant to do your taxes.
If I picked up drifters at the local home depot to do some work I think the law averages would catch up with me but that is not the case.

In my regular areas I use guys that I have known for a while or come recommended from the local carpet maintenance supply store. Thank you Jon Don. :wink:

Again, no different than having an employee other than pay structure.
you Fing Dinasour catch up. :twisted:
Your new name is "Mega..sore...ass" ...You're welcome. :mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
It is ...AMAZING...to me that ...."JON DON"....supplies you & your SiStEr...Mr ColE.. :roll:

With all the "looser"....FOR HIRE... :oops:

It won't be LoNg...before they "Jump on the BaNdWaGoN"...and cut "you GiRls"...OUT.. :shock:

I left ..Jon Don...2 years ago ...over pretty much the same ...Shady practices... :oops:

Ps..As for ME catching up....I will let you & Mr.Cole..."RUN" over to the bar...and try to LOAD..
1 pretty girl... :roll: "While, I will... "WALK" over and LOAD them all... :wink:

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
We need Huel Howser here to smooth out the ship waves.

The guy who said, "you NEED me on the wall,......" oh now that's some funny shit.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
not putting your busn down, I was just asking about how that situation is dealt with, ie If I showed up with my truck but they had called a different company, ie you.
You have made a better busn than Ken or Greg, they have to "employ", you just sub out. You can start out in any city with just a few phone calls.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
LOL looks like I helped open a can of worms. I'll make this real simple Priority Carpet Cleaning does NOT clean carpet. It doesn't have any way of cleaning carpet as Brian has stated. it owns NO EQUIPMENT. So by his own admission he is lying to those that call when he says Priority Carpet Cleaning is going to be doing the work. It just isn't true. Now do I give a rats ass no, but spinning the truth or not telling the whole truth is still a lie no matter how small. I don't care that his buisness nor Greg Coles buisness is based on this ever so small lie. doesn't matter to me one bit I just wanted to hear from Brian what he had to say about it.

I would have felt better if Brian just came out and said yes I lie to the people that call and tell them Priority Carpet Cleaning will be doing the work when in fact we have nothing to do with the cleaning we are just a booking company. The way a person spins the truth tells alot about them. You can justify alot to yourself when their is money involved. :)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
That's crazy John.

I don't know how to explain it to you better.
I don't lie to anyone...I don't stretch the truth and I don't hide anything when it comes to my company.
I try to be as honest as I humanly can....or I would lie about crap on this board all the time.
You just don't get it.

Not that I care but you are insulting me by saying this crap. You know that dont you?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Brian it's not meant to insult you. Sorry if your taking it that way. You see there is what it could be and there is what it is. I'm see what it is and you see/say what it could be.

If your good with what you do and your customers and subs are happy then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Just don't try to tell me it isn't what it is when I know what it is. Just admit it and we'll get along great :)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Looks like deception and lying to me. "they are more like part of the family rather than employees"

1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qbQ_dtmZDY1]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom