Top cleaning companies in the nation that pay their tech and mangers a real living wage..?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Here in my little town of 30,000 or so, median income is only 33k and you can buy a lot of house even making that. Most homes are around 150k in value the hard part is scooping them up before the prop managers turn them into rentals. You can find 2,500 sq ft home for under 180k here. It is likely dated and will need some upgrades but you can find it. Also take into consideration that 35% of residents here live in poverty which I think is 19k or less a year.

10 minutes north the poverty rate is only 5%, median income around 88k and average home value is nearly at 195k. Which I'm guessing isn't up to date data because there is a whole section of that city houses go for 350k minimum. We use to have stats like that but our city officials started to prefer the influence of the university here. They raised taxes on manufacturing and bigger businesses and were against expansion. They also raised property tax significantly and pushed people north to the nicer expanding subdivisions. This is all great if you own a restaurant and don't mind high turnover of college students just wanting a job while in school. A business like mine does well too but a service business couldn't survive on work here alone. Now they've changed their minds after 10 years of watching the stats go to hell and we are getting some new chain restaurants and big box stores that are currently building. They've also removed extra taxes they applied to businesses here.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
My guy is 7 months in and makes $20 hr. During the summer we only worked 4 days and he got paid for 5. We start 5 day weeks now until May. I don't technically pay vacation time but we close around some holidays and he gets paid. He gets all tips and I pay him extra for work he brings in. He just put in a bid on a condo. He's do another raise this month. With each guy i have increased the pay to try to keep guys around. I finally hit the mark. He doesn't want to leave. he now has keys to the truck and goes out at night and does a couple jobs a month by his self. Im happy and he is happy. He even gets the truck and picks me up at my house. I raised my prices slightly and it more than covers the extra costs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom