Top Scrub Or Burnish

Andy12

Name
Andy
Greetings I now probably this question has been ask before, but being a newbee just want to make sure I’m doing the right thing.
3 month ago I strip and finish VCT floor for a client. The client did not set up a maintenance program.
Now the client wants to start a program, but the floor does not look anything like I left them.
Question should I scrub and recoat or should I Try to burnish.
I have added some picture of when the floor was finished and the floors now.

Thanks for all your help.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Tough to tell by the photos, I wouldn't strip it again. If you have propane you can neutral mop and buff and see what it looks like maybe put down a restorer. If you scrub, take rotary, water, maroon prep pads and scrub it. Buff it and recoat as necessary.

Andy12

Name
Andy
I’ll try to give as much information as possible. I did the job 3 month ago and now it looks like it has not been finish in a year.
I stripped with Pro Strip from Jonson and finish the floor with Jonson High Mileage. The floor looked great and the client was very happy.
The problem I see now is they do not have a maintenance program; they have a person sweeping the floors and damp moping. I took a look at the floor it has dirt marks on the VCT and the break area has scratches.
It’s not bad where the offices are because the traffic is not high. I believe the offices can be burnish .
But the break area and a small office have high traffic and I don’t think burnishing will have the same result as the others non high traffic office.

I have never Top Scrub before, if some you can explain It would help a lot.

Thanks

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
If you have a high speed, I would go and demo an area to see what the floor gives you. The floor moret han likely just needs to be burnished. If the burnish doesn't look good enough then you can go with a scrubb and recoat.

Scrubb and recoat consist of you laying down some neutral cleaner ( you can use degreaser if the floor is heavily soiled but it shouldn't be necessary ) and scrubbing it with a red pad for light ware or a blue pad for some of the more worn areas, followed by a couple of coats of finish.

The secret to a longer lasting floor finish is cleaning and burnishing. Cleaning obviously but many people don't understand that burnishing makes the finish harder( making it last longer), shinier ( the smoother the finish is the more shine and depth it will have) and most importantly raises the slip resistance ( most floor finishes have publish slip resistance ratings) to the level stated by the manufacturer on the label.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
What type of floor machines do you have? What you have has a great deal to do with what you can do to it. 175 rpm buffer, 1500rpm electric burnisher, propane highspeed burnisher? I would scrub and recoat the breakroom/small office and burnish the whole thing after that. Thats if you have a 175 and a burnisher.

Andy12

Name
Andy
What type of floor machines do you have? What you have has a great deal to do with what you can do to it. 175 rpm buffer, 1500rpm electric burnisher, propane highspeed burnisher? I would scrub and recoat the breakroom/small office and burnish the whole thing after that. Thats if you have a 175 and a burnisher.

Greetings thanks for the advice.

I have Vipers both floor machine 175 rpm and Burnisher 1,500 rpm.

Andy12

Name
Andy

Thanks Jay , Thats what I was thinking of doing.

Is there a burnishing program on the internet that I can show the client of the importance of a burnishing program.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom