Trade secrets DVDs?

Abigail

Name
Stacy
Hello all. I'm obviously new:). I am unable to attend the next couple IICRC trainings offered around here. So I've been trying to get 'training' via DVDs/videos off forums. One set I've seen is trade secrets. Does anyone know about these and are they decent? I know nothing can replace the classroom and hands on training, but at this point I can't do it (divorce actions and court stuff STINK).

I do have the Tile and Grout cleaning DVD from magic wand with Taf Baig, and the spot removal one (online) from him as well. I was trying to get a 'basic' carpet cleaning tech one, but can't locate it. The trade secrets is all I can find.

Opinions on it, does anyone have a set they want to sell?

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Stacy
JonDon has a set of videos. They are older but have some solid information. You can also download Bill Yeadons training material also. Videos cost Bills stuff is free.

Abigail

Name
Stacy
I saw Bill's video on the Freedom Upholstery Tool yesterday when I finished the spot and stain class video (Taf Baig).
I am still looking for a better tool and that one looked good for the price.

Anyhow, I signed up and there is a lot of info on that site. I'd been to the JonDon site before, I don't know how I missed all that!

Thanks !

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There are few if any "Trade Secrets", you might try Youtube, many cleaners make videos and put them up for all to see at no charge to you. I'd start that route before dropping a bunch of coin on video's. They if you really feel compelled to buying something, I'd search ebay or Craigslist first.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Not too sure about any "secrets" but i might have some old training dvds laying around for you.

Give me a couple days to look and i can give you a call, just like anything else you just need practice.

Abigail

Name
Stacy
Thanks Shane, I didn't want to call and bug you, I figured you were busy. I am still wanting to get together.
Thanks again:)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
VHS tape, believe it or not prior to DVD's they were once in mass use. :eekk:

Cassette tape....prior to CD's and after 8-track tapes, cassette's ruled. :redface:

Hey if were new it wouldn't be free. LOL

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
There's nothing like spending some time with someone who knows what they're doing. I'd suggest getting a part time gig suckin' rug or even volunteering your time to help someone on here in exchange for their training. I think a lot of the "training videos" you'll find will ultimately aim to sell you more stuff. You will also learn the real value of a truckmount when you get around a company that's really getting their money's worth out of that equipment. You may actually be costing yourself a lot of time and $ by not doing this in the beginning. Lots of people on here would be willing to spend some time on the phone with you. I've talked to a few guys that were very helpful to me, and I've been cleaning carpet since '99. When you're alone, sometimes it's like you have blinders on. That's why this place is so valuable to me.
Good luck!

Russ

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Stacy,

Best thing you can do is practice on your own place. Do you have any equipment yet?

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
If you typed "carpet cleaning" into the search bar at youtube.com you'd be watching FREE videos for hours if not days. And most are quite good.

Abigail

Name
Stacy
This site has been fantastic! Everyone has been kind and helpful.
I have worked on my own property and done a friends place. I have an appointment for an apartment complex. I know apartments are not a place I want to stay and they don't pay well, but they pay! And something is better than nothin!

I'm having fun! I really think I'm gunna enjoy this work. I can see already I will need to get a truckmount ASAP! The porty set up takes way too long.

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom