Tragedy - Ken Harris' Daughter

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
If anyone has not heard before, Ken's 21 year old daughter Jessica was tragically killed in a car accident Saturday morning.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/ ... algaryHome

I sent him an email and this was his response:

Lisa;

Thank you for your support.

At this time I am not talking with anyone outside my family and closest friends. Many of them have flown in or are flying in for the funeral on Friday. I am so devastated by this event that talking about it over and over causes me more pain than I can bear. It is expected that over 400 people will attend this funeral and church service.

If you would not mind, please post the address for the funeral Home so anyone so inclined to send Flowers or cards of support can do so.

Pierson Funeral Service Ltd
4121 - 17 Avenue S.E.
Calgary, AB T2A 0T1
Canada

Thank You,

Ken

You may wish to call the funeral home for more information:
403-235-3602

I can't even begin to imagine what Ken and his family are going through right now. So young, life just beginning.

Take care,
Lisa

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
thanks for sharing. tragedy is right, so sorry to hear thathurts

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I can relate to Ken....I've been there back in 2002 when my 23 year old Danielle died in an auto accident. Believe me....it ain't any better today than it was 9 years ago. I'll have to try to contact him.

RW

John Olson

Name
John Olson
thathurts thathurts thathurts thathurts I can't even nor do I wish to ever imagine the loss he and his family is feeling.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That is so awful, I can't think of anything as bad as having to bury one of your children. thathurts

Robert that's terrible, I don't think we ever get over our losses, not that we'd want to. thathurts

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ford Fairlane said:
That is so awful, I can't think of anything as bad as having to bury one of your children. thathurts

Robert that's terrible, I don't think we ever get over our losses, not that we'd want to. thathurts

Unfortunatly, it never goes away. I just get up everyday and keep on working. I still stop at times an just cry. It helps. Call me crazy, but I still stop at the cemetery at least once a day.....it's usually right on my route for the day, and I stop just to reflect.....check on her flowers.....keep the place neat. I have probably only missed about 30 days of visiting because of time out of town, or sick at home and can't make it.

Of course, I've been on xanax ever since. Helps me cope throughout the day. Mornings are the worst. I still need Ambien at night to sleep well.

I'm sure there are people out there that can cope with the loss of a child....I'm not one of them.

Ken's in for a long haul.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Despite Ken's reputation, it is times like these we need to come together to support an industry colleague in such a tragic time. I hope Ken gets a chance in his own time to read what folks are going to write here. I just hope everyone is respectful enough to not let this thread turn south.

We should never have to bury our children, my heart and prayers go out to Ken and his family.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm sure there are people out there that can cope with the loss of a child....I'm not one of them.
I don't know if anyone could, they may appear to but I'm sure they have their moments.

My father passed nearly a year now and while I get through the day to day I still get choked up and a tear in my eye when I think of him, and that's often.

I think for anyone who has experienced a loss, you get by but the pain and the hurt is just beneath the skin.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I lost a new born son a few years ago. At the time I didn't have my phone by me to get the first call when his mother tried calling me. Missing that first call really gets to me still. My 16 month old is in Ohio, and I'm in Connecticut working with Al in hopes the money I make from here will allow me to invest into something better for my son and I. But I tell ya what, when I misplace my phone, or the battery is going to die and I don't have my charger handy I get really anxious. Out of simple fear that I might receive a similar call that I've gotten before.

I know a few others on the board have lost children as well in many different situations, but I do know it affects us all everyday. Sometimes it just helps to talk, or write about it.

My PM, email or phone is open to anyone should they need it. I always do my best to make time for those that need it, and that is extended to anyone here as well.

PS Bob - I'm certain your daughter is proud of you in honoring her name for the scholarship you organize every year. Turning a bad situation into something positive for others is where its at, you're a good man.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Our deepest condolences to Ken and family for their sad loss.

Delia & Shorty.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
No matter who it is that loses someone so special as a daugther it always makes me sad.

I think those of us that have kids can definitely feel with Ken and others in similar circumstances.

dday

There are no words ...

May God Bless and Comfort You and Yours,

David

Becker

Name
Becker
I'm not sure I ever personally met Ken. Perhaps just on the boards.

I feel sorry for him at thus time. I can't imagine.

We as parents always want to take our child's place when they are hurt, sick etc.

Really sad news.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Hoody said:
I lost a new born son a few years ago. At the time I didn't have my phone by me to get the first call when his mother tried calling me. Missing that first call really gets to me still. My 16 month old is in Ohio, and I'm in Connecticut working with Al in hopes the money I make from here will allow me to invest into something better for my son and I. But I tell ya what, when I misplace my phone, or the battery is going to die and I don't have my charger handy I get really anxious. Out of simple fear that I might receive a similar call that I've gotten before.

I know a few others on the board have lost children as well in many different situations, but I do know it affects us all everyday. Sometimes it just helps to talk, or write about it.

My PM, email or phone is open to anyone should they need it. I always do my best to make time for those that need it, and that is extended to anyone here as well.

PS Bob - I'm certain your daughter is proud of you in honoring her name for the scholarship you organize every year. Turning a bad situation into something positive for others is where its at, you're a good man.

Thanks, Steve....the Scholarship is one positive that came out of Danielle's death. We now have over $90,000 in an endowment fund at Youngstown State University. This year, we gave out 5 - $1050 scholarships. The fundraising dinner is next month. It's a great way to remember her.

I wish I could be by Kens side.....a lot of people just don't know what to say to a parent that has lost a child. My thoughts and sympathy are with you, Ken.

RW

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Sad sad news. I can't imagine.

Sorry to hear it.

We mourn for ourselves not for the deceased. To not see my daughter until my own death is worth death on it's own.

Prayers.

I should also mention that Jay Delaughter's father passed away recently. I was going to post it but wasn't sure if it was my place.

Jay is a great guy so I'm sure his father was just as great.

John Watson

Kenny,

My Helens and my hearts go out to you and yours at this sad time, Like it has been said, children are supposed to live longer than their parents. She s in His hands now so take comfort the things of this world will no longer derail or take her down the wrong path.

Our Condolences, John Watson

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Ken,
Very sorry to hear about your daughter. Will remember your family in my prayers

David

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I only know you from the various boards but if you need anything please let me know, my kids are my world and the pain you are feeling is something I would not want for anyone to ever have to go through. My familys prayers are with you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom