Transfer pump

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
What's a good fresh freshwater transfer pump that will keep up with tile and grout cleaning. That you do not need an accumulator.

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
That one I'm sending back, does not work with my tm. I have a water box with a float valve, and the constant on and off the float causes the pump to shut off.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I was under the impression that this pump was designed for the constant on and off that you speak of. Maybe I'm wrong. In what type of system isn't there a lot of on/off? Serious question.

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
That's what I thought as well, my old shurflow was a demand pump and I did not have this issue. That pump lasted two years with no problems. But for some reason this pump will not work with a float system.

tngvegas

Jeremy, that pump in the picture is made by Mytee. have you talked to them about it not working right?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If it were me....a good transfer pump and a Harwil float switch and be done with it....

tngvegas

Jim you and some others really like the Harwil floats. but what transfer pump would or are you using?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Marine pumps are the best....this is a good little pump...

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt-marine-utility-pump-9576.html..

I got one of these laying around that I have used for different things and it has never let me down...

If it were me...I would do 1 of 2 things....

I would either plumb in a separate water box...with a float switch..to run the transfer pump.....
or I would tie the float switch into the one I have now and use the float switch to turn the transfer pump on and off....

demand pumps always seem to have problems...transfer pumps..hold there own and last longer...

very simple to do either way...and way more reliable....

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
I put in a loop for the pump, Shawn abbey has a video on it to make the pump allways run. I will see tomorrow if it works?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom