Triad Blowers?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So what is the concensus on these blowers compared to the squirrel cage blowers?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My distributor says they are great and he's sold a bunch of them.

The space savings would be nice to pack more in the truck but it's too radical of a design for me, we don't own any. :|

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
RichC said:
My distributor says they are great and he's sold a bunch of them.

The space savings would be nice to pack more in the truck but it's too radical of a design for me, we don't own any. :|

Q:

He/She wouldn't be a salesperson by any chance. ??

Cynical old bastard from down under. shiteatinggrin

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

You notice I've not bought any.

Although we are working a tight crawl space this week and I though about buying a few. However with all the mud down there they would never look the same once we were done with them.

I wonder if my distributor would let me demo a few units. :twisted:

:mrgreen:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Do you want phone numbers of actual users? Let me know and I'll give you some numbers to call. (LARGE restoration companies)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Wasn't talking to you :p Was talking to Doug.

The smart money guys have made the switch. You can carry more units per vehicle, put more units on the job, less bitching by the workers that have to carry them, less fatigue on the workers which equals less loss time,turns into your air scrubber without adding more amp draw on the job and takes up less space then any other air scrubber. All of which means more money in your pocket.

This is not a sales pitch but what you will hear from the people that are using them.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I was just curious as to how people like them since I hadn't heard much about them since they came out.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The smart money guys have made the switch. You can carry more units per vehicle, put more units on the job, less bitching by the workers that have to carry them, less fatigue on the workers which equals less loss time,turns into your air scrubber without adding more amp draw on the job and takes up less space then any other air scrubber. All of which means more money in your pocket.
That sounds more like hurricane type issues. We carry plenty enough for 2-3 jobs beyond that we have an equipment support truck bring more if needed.

Tech's bitch, if not about carrying they will bitch about working after hours. :roll:

See the air scrubber addition......don't like it. Or their dehumidifer either. :shock:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
and that is why Basking Robbins has 31 flavors but you should actually try a flavor before deciding you don't like it :)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Sure you paying shipping both ways and you clean them up or pay $75 decon fee. They can go out today

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's cool, who is instructing it?

Do you have to be there to win. I mean last year on webcam it was like I was there. :mrgreen:

Can John just send me one and you say I won, it's tight down in this crawl space. :p

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen

I have not used them, but saw a video about them when they first came out. The Triad was compared to other air movers using a Thermal Imaging camera to detect evaporative cooling on carpeting. The Triad dried the smallest area of the four air movers tested. Which means more money in your pocket because you would need to use more Triads or keep them on the job longer to dry an area than other air movers.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
What you saw was smoke and mirrors. An X3 pulling 4 amps is defiantly putting out more air then an triad pulling 1.48 this is absolutely true. Turn the x3 down to real world use 3-3.5 and it will all be come clear :) the triad was designed by restorers for restorers drying as taught in ASD with the emphasis in size low amp and high static pressure. It is not designed for floating carpet

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I own Triad.

I also am a happy owner of the Triad. It is really a great lil' blower. 1.48amp and like john said its the static pressure that counts here.

Its great to use in tight spaces, easy to carry, and you can daisychain them if you need to.

I will get more after I unload a bunch of drieaz snails.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Smoke and mirrors huh Olson? Try real world and if amps is the test then the Jet in those tests really kicked the Triads butt. oh and by the way as for high static pressure thats for floating carpets :-) and in reference to the no sales pitch comment do you really expect people to buy that? You are more biased than I am Mr. Prochem.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Bill this is a thread about the triad if you want to talk about the jet lets start another thread. I will say there is nothing that compares to it when drying a hall way. Only down side is the size. The x3 is a great airmover in its class. I sold 30 of them last week so no I'm not biased. The company you work for is a leader in this industry and the people that work under you are amazing have a Merry Christmas

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen

The Triad air mover is a single seed air mover with a 1/4 HP motor that draws approximately 1.5 amps. This means it would have very low static pressure (resistance to flow) compared to other laminar air movers.
Its design limits the area of air flow compared to axial air movers.
Its price, $380 is on the high end of all air movers, including two and three speed designs.
So aside from being "light", 22lbs, compared to up to 30 lbs for other air movers, why would anyone choose a Triad? Why would the Triad be the air mover of choice for drying a hallway?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The jet is the only airmover on the market that I would choose to dry a hallway pretty sure that's what I said up above. Can't really compare and apple(triad,x3,any other snail) to and orange(axial,jet,ace etc) different tools with different applications.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
it looks like the triads would be great to work with, however I wonder if the customer sees them set and then gets the bill and wonders if they see a lack of value in them. for a 4 day dryout they are being charged over $100 in rental.

my favorite overall air mover is still the phoenix axials, yeah its not the most durable, but overall they move a ton of air, don't use alot of power, and just get the job done. I think they will be more effective per unit set than a triad or any other snout type unit. I just wish there was more competition in the axial market so the price could come down, $400 for an axial unit is crazy. I don't see how they are any more expensive to make than a snail unit, certainly not double or triple the price.

Back
Top Bottom