Trouble Cleaning Vinyl

Name
Swani
I cleaned some vinyl today that didn't clean as well as I wanted it to. I first spun a cotton bonnet with my 175 using Odoban to disinfect. Then rinsed with Hydrofoce Wood Fresh neutral cleaner using my Lindhaus. The floor had tiny pores that didn't want to release to grease in spots. Anyone have any suggestions as far as Chemical, Equipment and procedure?

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
If your talking about wood look vinyl plank you'll need either a stiff CRB or a tile and grout brush for your OP or 175.
Depending on what they cleaned (and cooked) with you can have some real sticky oil deposits in the "grain". A citrus booster is usually needed too

Scrubadubba then use your glided wand or hard surface wand or even a spinner to blast it loose

Make sure it's not a laminate or you'll be buying that floor.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don't understand why you're being so gentle on that vinyl floor. Like Mikey said, flush it out with your tm at a decent water pressure of about 700psi of 150-170f water

Isn't the Lindhaus floor machine used to do hardwood?

Reactions: Living The Dream

Mikey P

Administrator
Sheet or plank vinyl can be hit hard.

This cordless Orbot did wonders at MF..

1.jpg

Name
Swani
I don't understand why you're being so gentle on that vinyl floor. Like Mikey said, flush it out with your tm at a decent water pressure of about 700psi of 150-170f water

Isn't the Lindhaus floor machine used to do hardwood?
Lindhaus can be used for all types of surfaces.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Looks like a longer battery life than the other one out there. I think the other has a 2 hour battery life. The Orbot has a three. Pretty cool. My toy list is filling up again.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Wasted your money on that house wife type machine Lindhaus.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
On sheet vinyl use your tile spinner. Put some prespray down, let dwell, then use your spinner, mop(wipe) up puddles. You have the same oils and dirt on the vinyl that you have on the carpet. Don't go really high on ph or heat. Keep the water sucked up as you clean so it doesn't run where you don't want it.

Reactions: Able 1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom