Truckmount brand dependability poll......

What brand is more dependable?

• Total voters

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
What brand do you think overall is the most dependable?
Less down time?
Less time you have to fool with little things on it...

My opinion in order is.... I have never owned a Judson but I am putting it number one because of research.
These are only my opinions. :)

1: Judson
2: TCS
3: Butler
4: White magic
5: Blue Line
6: Hydramaster
7: Prochem

Saphire is still to new to judge

Any brands that I left out?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You really need to take White Magic out of it. I've owned one ...yikes.

And no...I didn't pick the Rug Doctor.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Butler like any cds / pto unit depends on the reliability of it's vehicle.

By sheer numbers Prochem has the most units working every day (and by extension a fair number since deceased)

The people behind the Prochem legacy are now making Sapphire, so 40 years experience, and a clean sheet of paper. Good combination.

Judson kind of disappeared from the radar for twenty years or so, other than the Sunbelt steamex units, I guess while they pursued other interests. Their recent machines have looked good.

Bane Clene units are the most foolproof and dependable if you have modest expectations.

F

FB7777

In 22 years, I've operated truckmounts from only 2 manufacturers Bane and Butler with similar experiences as Lee described.

I take it Butler makes a good machine.

I don't think I have ever heard anything negative about them.

I would like to demo one.

How does it compare to the HM CDS?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If your purpose is to figure out which truck mounts are the most dependable, opinions not based on actual ownership of a machine do not count.

In addition, most of us owners/operators never owned more than 3-4 in our career.

So a good poll that may yield dependable and beneficial results, needs to take that into account.

My opinion is that Bob Dylan was the second coming, others, however, may beg to differ.

It is not about opinions.
It's about actual experience and long term dependability in the field.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
anyone that's ever used a Genie will vote for it..........

this could be a "prove yor dumb" poll

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Thread subject line is misleading.... the list has a bunch machines that aren't truckmounts.

In my opinion the Only people that should vote are the ones that owned and used every single brand- otherwise everyone will have an Opinion -but maybe the wrong opinion at that- about certain manufacturers or brands.

I used one of Duane's unit (sledge hammer) I have used two el diablos (combined just over2000 hours) I had a chance to use a Bluewave (jimmy olas' unit) and also his steamway 9100 :shock: (we all know how that is)

Out of these I listed, I would vote for either Duane's brand or Masterblend.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Its just owners opinions.. thats all. If you have used certain machines then you know whats good and what one was a nightmare.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
kolfer beat me to it while I was typing.. pretty much same thing we are saying here.

F

FB7777

guys, its just a mikeysboard informal; poll which amounts to nothing more than a popularity contest

its not like its Waldo's Top 25 Carpet Cleaners in the US where thousands of onsite inspections and interviews are conducted

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Brian R said:
You really need to take White Magic out of it. I've owned one ...yikes.

And no...I didn't pick the Rug Doctor.

Brian has obviously never used their direct drive machine the Pro1200 which is built even better than a Butler. Ultrareliable. I don't know anything about their slide ins. Rob Allen didn't like his.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
fred boyle said:
its not like its Waldo's Top 25 Carpet Cleaners in the US where thousands of onsite inspections and interviews are conducted

that there is pretty funny Fred! shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I don't know about any popularity contest, just be honest about what you're using and the issues you've had.
My Big Red was never set up properly and thus I had been fixing it or modifying it every month I owned it for 12 yrs.
In comparison, the Judson CanAm I've replaced one bushing and a faulty temp gauge sender. Other than my own mods with some oil drain hoses and a remote oil filter, its been simple maintenance for 1100hrs. Can't complain about a TM that has never let me down in 2 yrs consistent use.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
I've had good luck with my Steamway 4100 it's 12 years I've got 4000hrs on it all I've had to replace is the igniter of course a few times and the flow switch couple times.

4100_reflection.png

They've got the new ones out now, With lots of improvements. 4500 is simliar to the one I have but with improvements. Also the New Storm same design, But bigger engine, pump and blower I'd love to get that one next time I buy a machine. I think it's little over $17,000 but you don't even get a waste tank with it. :roll:

http://www.multi-steam.com/steamway.html

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
joeynbgky said:
Ron whats a canam? they dont make it anymore?
The CanAm is a tweaked TNT.
25 hp Kohler engine running on propane. Comes straight from the factory propane ready.
4.7 blower
4HT
Cat 5 pump, or a 3, can't remember.
The idea is a more powerful unit than the basic TNT but running all on propane.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
My Cleaning Technologies slide-in has been so dependable, it is getting ready for it's third van.

With over 22,000 hours, this machine has performed flawlessly for 25 years. I have never had to order any replacement or expensive parts from the original builder, Cleaning Technologies. I have been able to make any repairs needed myself.

Of course I have completely modified the original design over the years, but the machine frame itself is completely original, intact, and only needs a little cleaning and paint touch-up. The original heat source was a Little Giant 3HT. I replaced that with a SAVAGE LP heater 10 years ago. The SAVAGE LP heater has never been out of the van for any repairs in that time period.

There is very little vibration, or noise, when running (Honda 24 HP air cooled - original motors were Onan/Linimar 20 HP air cooled - Onan is no longer in business).

The single "B" blower belt will last for at least 4 years before replacing. The same with the single belt going to the Cat pump. Both belt changes are a 15 minute job.

It runs true dual wands using a Roots #4 blower, over-driven, and a uniquely designed vacuum system setup to maximize the blower's potential vacuum.

You do not need to put 2 slide-in's into a large box truck in order to run true dual wands. This setup will run dualies out to 300', each wand. That's 600' of vac line!

The high-pressure pump is a Cat, only needing 2 of them in 25 years. The first Cat lasted for 12 years before an unexpected freeze broke a connecting rod in the pump, so I put in a new one. Then I rebuilt the original broken Cat, and am using it elsewhere.

Of course a manufacture wouldn't want to sell these machines, because they would last too long.

I may start building this design and offering it to other cleaners who want a very dependable gasoline truckmount that will serve them well for many years, single and/or dual wands.

So my question is this.

If you could buy such a machine that would last that long, would you but it? Or is there a thing about always wanting something new, even though there is nothing wrong with what you presently have?

I think that's a good question, because many people buy a new car almost every year, just to have the latest and newest. When I purchase a car, it's for at least 10 years, and maybe more, as I am not out to impress anyone. But, I am about quality, and wanting the best as long as it really is the best for the purpose intended.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
What!!

No Nortic 1

As far as dependibliaty an electric will be far easier to maintain and be more reliable than anything with an internal combustion engine.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
The poll should be broken into TWO PARTS:
lawn mower powered units....
and REAL direct drive cleaning machines......

Name
Lee Stockwell
Not all slide ins are "lawn mower" powered Bob. Of course I haven't been around enough to have seen the 4 cylinder Nissan powered mowers much.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
We have bought/rebuilt/sold/used about every kind of unit out there. What Lee says about Bane & Butler is about 100% correct.

dale

harryhides

Name
Tony
Did the Connections Board come up with this list that excludes the Nordic 1 ?

This poll is about as useful as Waldo's Potty mouf poll.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
LOL.. Like I said if you would have read the post..................... If I left any out let me know.... Nordic 1 and savage have been added...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom