Truckmount brand dependability poll......

What brand is more dependable?

• Total voters

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Art Kelley said:
[quote="Brian R":1ms1qafi]You really need to take White Magic out of it. I've owned one ...yikes.

And no...I didn't pick the Rug Doctor.

Brian has obviously never used their direct drive machine the Pro1200 which is built even better than a Butler. Ultrareliable. I don't know anything about their slide ins. Rob Allen didn't like his.[/quote:1ms1qafi]

You're right. I had a WM Commander HO. Worked great until it started not working so great.

I'm thinking maybe Hydromaster...haven't really heard anything bad about them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've owned Butlers, Hydramaster CDS's, Hydramaster Slidein's, Prochem 800A, Performer's & 805, Steam Genie's Hydrogenie, Workmaster Electric, Blueline Super Extraction System.

All are great units.....when they run, all are big hunks of junk when they don't.

We've had good luck with our Prochems, they are the Nissan units and just built for heavy duty work load. Butlers have been dependable for us also, but all brands we owned were really great units when they were new, we didn't have problems until they started getting older.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Aerotech 3% [ 2 ]
Vortex 2% [ 1 ]

not surprised at the numbers....makes me wonder what they might have been a few years ago.....
and no I did not vote in this poll......

the.cleaner

I have used Prochem Legend and A Butler Systems.. The Truck mounts and cleaning solutions one has more suction and the heat is not bad.. I can change a belt in under one minute.

Billy

Name
BH
Jim Martin said:
Aerotech 3% [ 2 ]
Vortex 2% [ 1 ]

not surprised at the numbers....makes me wonder what they might have been a few years ago.....
and no I did not vote in this poll......

The Big Bear Truck A.K.A. AeroTech XT has been GREAT so far for us. Also AT (especially Ted) goes the extra mile with Service support. Our AT is very easy to maintain.

As for numbers there aren't really that many owners around here & used ATs sell fast usually. We are planning on a 2nd one in the future.

Jimbo

How could the top place company in this poll possibly be excluded from the premium builder list???

Jimbo

Jimbo

'According to Kessler'

WTH?

Did he buy you out?...and now you have to follow his twisted logic?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Would be funny if I could get Cermak to help me punk Mike by changing the board name to Evan'sBoard for a day or so....

Mr. 007

Name
Curtis
:roll:

After 15 years you tell me on every one of these machines except a genie How much you've spent on:
Actuators
electronics
fuel for heat (propane, kerosene, ect.)
worn out components, (engines)
blah blah blah

and I'll tell you how much I've saved with my Genie setup! :lol: tooo the bank!!!!!

Name
jack zerkie
I like slide inns, first was White Magic Pro 1700 watercooled junk almost went out of business, even had the owner Paul Richardson involved, the engine was the problem,I paid to have it fixed and it was still under warrenty, the sold it. Next was a Hydramaster 470 D 3 cyc 31 hp water cooled was in the shop more than I could use it and then they sent a complete re built unit. In a short time same thing. The unit would stop after running a while, changed most all parts my expense. The problem was the fuel was overheating at the carb, wrong place for the air intake to much heat at the rear of the engine. I fixed it with a new air hose on carb intake to the outside panel of the unit now cool outsie air to the carb, no problem runs foever. Then sold that unit and have over a year on Larry Cobbs, base unit 2045., no problems very simple, now doing the same jobs as a year ago, but now able to complete the job without any break downs, so yes smaller and simple is better. jz.

GeneMiller said:
the problem with truckmounts is they rely on someone with common sense to maintain them. :lol:

gene

WE HAVE A WINNER !!!!
gsm_win1.png

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Slide in are generally better than a PTO If you ask me. You have a separate engine to run you're equipment, Less strain on the van's engine and trans. You drive you're van hard all day anyway, why would you want to run um while you're cleaning the carpet? :roll: Plus slide ins are easier to change out, You can buy used vans if you want, And bolt um right in, More versatile. And that stupid argument, "this is a 200hr truck mount" :roll: What the hells the differance if you're turning a # 4 0r 5 blower with a 25 hr engine? or a 200 hr engine? Its still the same suction. I always hated that stupid argument, S.S. used to use that.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Lee Stockwell said:
Kinda like dealing with you....another dipstick to watch.

:-)
Lee

thats just funny right there.....

wonder how many times bawb would call asking about it????

Mr. 007

Name
Curtis
everfresh1 said:
Slide in are generally better than a PTO If you ask me. You have a separate engine to run you're equipment, Less strain on the van's engine and trans. You drive you're van hard all day anyway, why would you want to run um while you're cleaning the carpet? :roll: Plus slide ins are easier to change out, You can buy used vans if you want, And bolt um right in, More versatile. And that stupid argument, "this is a 200hr truck mount" :roll: What the hells the differance if you're turning a # 4 0r 5 blower with a 25 hr engine? or a 200 hr engine? Its still the same suction. I always hated that stupid argument, S.S. used to use that.

1)Separate engine to maintain
2) How does this strain my engine? or my drive train at all?
3) Neither me nor my employee will ever drive my truck HARD, or they will no longer be employed.
4) I save fuel over a 25 hp engine running at 85% capacity, my van idles at highway cruising speed, again how does this strain my engine?
5) I only spent $6000 putting together my USED van. (actually less)
6) Free Heat!
7) WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO CHANGE IT OUT?

8) The custy's love to hear me say i've got 185 h/p worth of suck to ensure the proper extraction of there carpet. !gotcha!

9) SS by far has the best marketing campaign I've seen, & Agreed I hate every one of them :lol:

Scott Rogers

Mr. 007 said:
everfresh1 said:
8) The custy's love to hear me say i've got 185 h/p worth of suck to ensure the proper extraction of there carpet. !gotcha!

You lie or are very ignorant, you transfer less then 20Hp through the ac clutch running your system. This is the reason you have to run your system (1700 RPM)WAY below specs of 3600 RPM.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
CRASH...dumb people don't KNOW that they are dumb......!

'cides ANYONE that runs a blower at 3600 RPM's is stupider than a shithouse rat........!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Brian R said:
[quote="bob vawter":1as0cy5k]CRASH...dumb people don't KNOW that they are dumb......!

What the hell is that supposed to mean???? :mrgreen:[/quote:1as0cy5k]
It MEANS that they are TOO dumb to know that they are dumb..........cuz..

WTF would wanna be dumb on PURPOSE?

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
bob vawter said:
It MEANS that they are TOO dumb to know that they are dumb..........cuz..

WTF would wanna be dumb on PURPOSE?

You seem to be an expert at it bob... :lol: Or are you saying its not on purpose? :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom