Truckmount brand dependability poll......

What brand is more dependable?

• Total voters

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
everfresh1 said:
bob vawter said:
It MEANS that they are TOO dumb to know that they are dumb..........cuz..

WTF would wanna be dumb on PURPOSE?

You seem to be an expert at it bob... :lol: Or are you saying its not on purpose? :shock:
OK Everdumb....lets take a look at YOUR shop and YOR machines that YOU are building....

jus lik i thought!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
bob vawter said:
[quote="Brian R":3q4orhul][quote="bob vawter":3q4orhul]CRASH...dumb people don't KNOW that they are dumb......!

What the hell is that supposed to mean???? :mrgreen:[/quote:3q4orhul]
It MEANS that they are TOO dumb to know that they are dumb..........cuz..

WTF would wanna be dumb on PURPOSE?[/quote:3q4orhul]

I don't get it. :shock:

Name
Lee Stockwell
The trouble with polls...

The trouble with polls is that they always turn into popularity contests with little valid relationship to the question at hand.

Dependability infers not breaking down, and having a long life. It is just one factor in machine satisfaction.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I jus remember back when i had my Big Red slide-in....i THOUGHT i had the cats ass......
and the FIRST time i saw a GENIE...i thought how dumb they were.......
BUT my girlfriend.(at the time...now my wife) BOUGHT me one!
It took me exactly TWO jobs before i realized how dumb i was before.......

TimP

Mr. 007 said:
1)Separate engine to maintain
2) How does this strain my engine? or my drive train at all?
3) Neither me nor my employee will ever drive my truck HARD, or they will no longer be employed.
4) I save fuel over a 25 hp engine running at 85% capacity, my van idles at highway cruising speed, again how does this strain my engine?
5) I only spent $6000 putting together my USED van. (actually less)
6) Free Heat!
7) WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO CHANGE IT OUT?

8) The custy's love to hear me say i've got 185 h/p worth of suck to ensure the proper extraction of there carpet. !gotcha!

9) SS by far has the best marketing campaign I've seen, & Agreed I hate every one of them :lol:

#2. it strains your engine because they aren't meant to run at cruising speeds standing still. My CDS will run over 212 in the summer which is over heating the natural temperature of 195. Also the more complicated engine in the van is more expensive to repair if a problem does happen.
#3. Your van is driven hard because of the weight that is carried not by driving habits.
#4. You're completely wrong. I estimate I use 1.8 gph while cleaning. Slide ins especially 25 hp machines use a good bit less fuel.
#6. The heat isn't free. Bawb might like to say this but it's not free. The gas you burn in the large v-8 engine produces the heat.
#8. You may get 20 hp through that clutch of yours. That's all the power you've got. Now if it was through a transmission or a drive shaft that statement could be true. BTW my van engine has 300hp. There is no way to get that power to the machine, a clutch can only handle so much power. Plus there is only so much power the drive belt can handle too.

If you want power you need a true PTO not a "clutch drive system". Get a vortex or aerotech. Or you can buy a big slide in machine.
At least then you know you can transfer the power and transfer it to any new van. Bawbs steam genies according to him you have to find a 92 or older van....as you know they aint makin them anymore so they are going to eventually be extinct.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhhh true PTOS are still only in the range of 60 hp...

why you think sweeper trucks have a separate engine???

ohhh found out that sweepers are starting to switch to a hydrolic system...for more efficient power

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
find a 92 or older van....as you know they aint makin them anymore so they are going to eventually be extinct.
Shouldn't listen to RUMORS......Crashes truck is an 01...
after 02...the install get more difficult...but still very doable....
AGAIN....people that are wrong...DON KNOW IT...because why would you be WRONG on purpose.....
TimP?????

TimP

bob vawter said:
find a 92 or older van....as you know they aint makin them anymore so they are going to eventually be extinct.
Shouldn't listen to RUMORS......Crashes truck is an 01...
after 02...the install get more difficult...but still very doable....
AGAIN....people that are wrong...DON KNOW IT...because why would you be WRONG on purpose.....
TimP?????

I made a mistake 92 02. So I missed a digit and was off by 10 years. But I knew what you are saying. Still 02 or older. They still make clutch drive systems so I know it's possible to put a steam genie in them. We've been over this already.

Mr. 007

Name
Curtis
Scott Rogers said:
[quote="Mr. 007":37jbr27p]
everfresh1 said:
8) The custy's love to hear me say i've got 185 h/p worth of suck to ensure the proper extraction of there carpet. !gotcha!

You lie or are very ignorant, you transfer less then 20Hp through the ac clutch running your system. This is the reason you have to run your system (1700 RPM)WAY below specs of 3600 RPM.[/quote:37jbr27p]

So I guess everything we say has to be true? & I thought we were carpet cleaners here?? Anyhow Don't much matter what a bunch of carpet cleaners think about me braggin up my machine, or if i'm fluffing a little bit.
TimP said:
#2. it strains your engine because they aren't meant to run at cruising speeds standing still. My CDS will run over 212 in the summer which is over heating the natural temperature of 195. Also the more complicated engine in the van is more expensive to repair if a problem does happen.
#3. Your van is driven hard because of the weight that is carried not by driving habits.
#4. You're completely wrong. I estimate I use 1.8 gph while cleaning. Slide ins especially 25 hp machines use a good bit less fuel.
#6. The heat isn't free. Bawb might like to say this but it's not free. The gas you burn in the large v-8 engine produces the heat.
#8. You may get 20 hp through that clutch of yours. That's all the power you've got. Now if it was through a transmission or a drive shaft that statement could be true. BTW my van engine has 300hp. There is no way to get that power to the machine, a clutch can only handle so much power. Plus there is only so much power the drive belt can handle too.

If you want power you need a true PTO not a "clutch drive system". Get a vortex or aerotech. Or you can buy a big slide in machine.
At least then you know you can transfer the power and transfer it to any new van. Bawbs steam genies according to him you have to find a 92 or older van....as you know they aint makin them anymore so they are going to eventually be extinct.
I am well aware all the h/p does not transfer, the heat is not free, It only matter what my customers think when I'm bragging up my machine, bottom line. literally!

Now you will not convince me that 1000lbs or so in my 1ton is driving it hard.
That running at 2000 rpms will hurt my engine
I've used both slide in and PTO and i tell you here and now I use less fuel with the PTO.....have'nt done the study yet

I would go up against anybody as far as maintenance cost and longevity of system and components w/ my Genie!

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
am well aware all the h/p does not transfer, the heat is not free, It only matter what my customers think when I'm bragging up my machine, bottom line. literally!

Yep rely on the ignorance of the custy...There is no such thing as a 200hr truckmount Like I said you're machine is no more powerful then one being powered by a 25hr engine with the same blower and pump it actually might have less CFMs becouse of the lower blower RPMs

Now you will not convince me that 1000lbs or so in my 1ton is driving it hard.
That running at 2000 rpms will hurt my engine
I've used both slide in and PTO and i tell you here and now I use less fuel with the PTO.....have'nt done the study yet

I would go up against anybody as far as maintenance cost and longevity of system and components w/ my Genie!

How long have you had it? Not very long, Not really long enough to access anything. I've used both, Not Steam Genie but Butlers and Hydramasters, Eventually we had problems with the engines and trans plus some of us have empolyees that drive those vans hard and we all aren't best buddys with bob and can get a good deal on equipment, and can run to him for repairs if needed. And if you don't think that running you're van engine constantly all day long is a strain on the engine you're delusional. Why do you think some manufactures void the warranty if you install a PTO unit in them?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
CRASH...verify for me.....
I'm claiming that Betsy was useing .08 gal per working hour.........

LESS THAN ONE GALLON OF GAS PER HOUR.....
was i right or not?

Mr. 007

Name
Curtis
:lol: could have been less than .8 bawb that was a smooth operation, I burnt more gas going to jobs than at them w/ Betsy!

everfresh1 said:
Yep rely on the ignorance of the custy...There is no such thing as a 200hr truckmount Like I said you're machine is no more powerful then one being powered by a 25hr engine with the same blower and pump it actually might have less CFMs becouse of the lower blower RPMs

How long have you had it? Not very long, Not really long enough to access anything. I've used both, Not Steam Genie but Butlers and Hydramasters, Eventually we had problems with the engines and trans plus some of us have empolyees that drive those vans hard and we all aren't best buddys with bob and can get a good deal on equipment, and can run to him for repairs if needed. And if you don't think that running you're van engine constantly all day long is a strain on the engine you're delusional. Why do you think some manufactures void the warranty if you install a PTO unit in them?

Not sure why you're bustin my balls everfresh, Jealous I picked my machine up cheaper than you? but you're not telling anyone here nothing they don't know, except how easily you get upset?

Oh and Betsy was over 20years old when I acquired her & she ran for 3/4 of a year great for me till I got the new truck going.

Still don't understand how anything that has anything to do with my unit will effect my trans other than weight?

no warranty on any van I'll buy soon either, why pay 15K+ when 5K gets the same job done?

we'll leave the warranties for the likes of Snow, & Chaves, they're Ballers! !gotcha!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
forgive them Curtis....
for they know not......
what they talk about!

Richard a Baller???????

I knew he was sumthin!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom