Truckmount engine question

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
So you know this company or the people? Can we trust those used engines?

I have purchased from them before. Item showed up just like expected on time without issues. I spent time researching them and they have a good reputation.

As far as trusting those engines. Several signs point toward it being a good engine. First the company selling it is reputable, second looking at the engine it is noticeable clean without much usage. Third, the price, if it wasnt an engine in good shape then they would be selling them for half the price.

Think where these engines could of come from. Some company builds something. Lets call it a riding mower. I know this isn't off one but lets just say. Someone buys the mower and two months late the differential goes out and they return it. The store gives them a new one and sends the broken one back to the factory. What does the factory do with it? They could put a new differential in it and sell it as refurbished but they are much better equipped to build new mowers. So they put it in the back of their factory and eventually wholesale a bunch of them out in an auction. Some other company buys the lot and either fixes them or parts them out. I can see it being totally conceivable that this engine was on a piece of equipment that the other component failed and small engine warehouse purchased a lot of machines from a factory. Most likely it was sitting in the back of the warehouse for a while.

back to your problem, that is the alternatives, if you could easily purchase a brand new engine with a two year warranty that would be a direct bolt up replacement then I would say buy new. However, you can't. So your options are this engine that has very few hours on it or modifying your truckmount to make something else fit. Me personally, I would roll the dice. you have a 30 day warranty, i know this isn't much but in that amount of time you will know if it runs good.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Thanks for writing all that. I appreciate the input.

I did call them yesterday and they have 4 of these engines but none of them have the same shaft size...so unfortunately that's out of the question.

I will have to look for another solution.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Thanks for writing all that. I appreciate the input.

I did call them yesterday and they have 4 of these engines but none of them have the same shaft size...so unfortunately that's out of the question.

I will have to look for another solution.
You should be able to purchase the right size inner part to your coupler that would fit the different shaft size. This shouldn't cost much and make your replacement very easy.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
If the difference is limited to diameter, then the difference is manageable, as Shane indicates.

If the shaft is longer or shorter, that's a different story.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
If the difference is limited to diameter, then the difference is manageable, as Shane indicates.

If the shaft is longer or shorter, that's a different story.

Yup Shawn got it right.. based on the numbers, it is a length issue as well not just diameter.

I have a feeling I'll be putting on the new kohler instead...since it will need adjustment work too. Might as well go with the factory suggested alternative. Unless one of you would just take the unit without the engine.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
ugh, last time I waste my toilet time to reply to you. Just kidding, sorry it wont work out and thank you for your appreciation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom