TruckMount - Increase THE Reliability AND Performance

Name
Lee Stockwell
I know an Amish guy who does the same thing to Maytag washing machines. Guts the "complicated modern" stuff and converts them to run on a Honda motor.

I guess God told him to do it.

A

amazingcleansc

no fault at all in the design of the machine... now for exhibit A. Thermalwave. I'm not saying they did some shitty things when they designed it........ :twisted:

I think they put a 1 inch exhaust on the engine to make it hotter. They probably got Nissan's o.k. before they did it.

Great post.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
How long does it take to convert over and curious what your increase in CFM's is from it.

Mikey P

Administrator
WJMorgan3 said:
How long does it take to convert over and curious what your increase in CFM's is from it.

I imagine that would be very machine specific.

Maybe Les could put up a chart of what it would cost and the benefits of some of the more popular machines.

I would think there is a decent market for "Judsifiying" out of warranty, problematic machines all over the country.

Maybe a Kerosene option should be available to those who cant find propane reliably.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
That is why my next machine probably will be a Judson. I am sick of all the crap on machines.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I have a propane heater at the ready if ever my heat exchange system poops the bed. I notice a lot of corrosion as of late on my diverter assemble. I've got the components from my original homebuilt I'm saving for a better build design. Judson has inspired me on their layout. My plasma and mig are calling me again.

judsonshow061.jpg

judsonshow039-1.jpg

judsonshow044-1.jpg

judsonshow020.jpg

judsonshow075-1.jpg

judsonshow081.jpg

judsonshow059.jpg

judsonshow064-1.jpg

judsonshow019-1.jpg

judsonshow008.jpg

judsonshow015.jpg

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
If you could tuck the wire harness and shield the exhaust, looks like a good spot for a chem. jug. Great job Les

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
To those who say Judson's are ugly, maybe but they are the easiest machines to work on
and like Les say's you can buy parts anywhere.I wouldn't own anything else and you can
find propane anywhere. Who else would give his cell # and tell you to call anytime, Les is the real deal.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Les:

There is a way to heat with an exchanger without all the trashy electric parts. When the blower and engine exhaust are run together in a common heat exchanger (with permanent/regulated heat restrictions) the blower pushes the heated air through so fast it cannot overheat. Others have done it.....No it does'nt maintain 240 degrees, but it probably does about 200. No moving parts

Thx,
Dale

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dale said:
Hi Les:

There is a way to heat with an exchanger without all the trashy electric parts. When the blower and engine exhaust are run together in a common heat exchanger (with permanent/regulated heat restrictions) the blower pushes the heated air through so fast it cannot overheat. Others have done it.....No it does'nt maintain 240 degrees, but it probably does about 200. No moving parts

Thx,
Dale

LIKE THIS..... :wink:

016.jpg

F

FB7777

I'd never own TMs that required 2 different fuels to work

I ran a lil giant Propane heater with my Bane unit for 2 years It was a PITA

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Fred I know you make a ton of cash with your Butlers. You think with all the money you have you could give up the toilet scrubbing gigs.

Golden Boy

HARPER said:
Dale said:
Hi Les:

Thx,
Dale

LIKE THIS..... :wink:

016.jpg
lesbigpicture.jpg

fred boyle said:
I'd never own TMs that required 2 different fuels to work

I ran a lil giant Propane heater with my Bane unit for 2 years It was a PITA

Fred, if someone was going to make a single-fuel truckmount to match the awesome performance of the #4 heater you would have to use an engine like this.

0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esLFG-djEw80]

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
how hard would it be to convert my chevy van and honda Tm motor to propane? that way the LG and everything could run off of it? Greenie told me, when i drove him to the gas station to get Les some gas at MF I could do it.... would it be worth it?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
how often would i have to fill my belly tank? or would i need a bigger tank.. who will convert the chevy van?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
joeynbgky said:
how often would i have to fill my belly tank? or would i need a bigger tank.. who will convert the chevy van?
bigger tank...problem is when you run out of propane your dead in the water....at least when the motor is gas, you run out, you keep an extra on hand run to the gas station and bam back in biz....yes maybe cleaning cold...but better then not at all

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Cant you just flip a switch i have a generator thats tri fuel, propane, natural gas, or unleaded. just turn the knob to switch..........

Bob Foster

Dual fuel isn't worth the price. Propane vehicles have been common in these parts for decades. If you run out of propane you take a barbecue bottle and dump it upside down and fill your tank. All you need to have is the hose kit to readily assemble it.

Your unit will not burn less fuel but it will burn cleaner fuel and in most cases less expensive fuel. That varies on what part of the country you live in.

To convert a truck engine costs about 2500. So if you ran one big belly tank you could effectively run everything and the truck too.

That's what I have done. My truck is 100% propane (truck engine, Little Giant and TNT) and it works great and saves me ton of money as propane here is 60% of the price of gasoline.

http://www.mantank.com/products/rvproducts.htm

http://www.sleegerstanks.com/solutions/tech/index.php

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
while propane is around quiet a few places...i wouldnt want to run on 100%...cuz they aint open after hrs...

ever ran out Bob??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom