turmeric stain.

Becker

Name
Becker
So yesterday I was wrapping up with a long time client, and up walking the sidewalk is the guy I send all my carpet sales and installs, repairs. etc too.

I swear this guy look just like Rick Dale, similar personality. Great guy.

Seems we was next door trying to help out a friend with a stain.

He sez, hell. Don is next door. I'll go get him.

I walk in the door, see the stain and say, Turmeric?

The home owner looks at me and sez, how do you know. LOL

Anyways, it was a supplement pill, that broke open. Powder. rather than vac it up get grabbed some carpet spotter.

Smeared and spread it.

My buddy is just going to do a bond insert.

We all know turmeric is what makes mustard yellow and a difficult stain, simply added to get the kids attention.

Any ways...

No pic, but the brightest yellow was about the size of a golf ball, but the over all stain was about the size of a basket ball.

What would you have done?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
A heavy dose of StainZONE to keep it damp for a while. Turn a UV flashlight upside down over the worst golf ball sized stain. That should knock it down in 10 minutes.

Reactions: Charlie Lyman

Becker

Name
Becker
Patch was the best option IMO.

Cheapest. He had donor carpet.

However I will try Scott's suggestion on mild stains.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I ran into a mustard stain in a rental last year that was 2foot x 6 foot. I couldn't believe how big it was. The room was only 10x 8 . I told them to replace it after a cleaning didn't budge it. They didn't tell me it was mustard until after I tried to remove it. So I tried a few spots with stain magic and a steamer with no results. Someone must of jumped onto a mustard bottle with the cap off.

Mikey P

Administrator
I got a buddy who I refer to at least twice a month.

For $80-$100 he will fix seems, stretch a room, do a bonded insert, patch a pissed saturated corner and so on.

I have to charge $150 just to show up and try.

All of you should have a go to guy like this. These small nickle and dime jobs are just time wasters.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I give turmeric to the dogs for arthritis, that means 14 pills, twice a day. Every so often they break one open, or worse yet, someone has a poop accident in the house (yes, turmeric gives mustard looking poop). On the vinyl floor, even after cleaning, it will leave a yellow tint for a few days. I am so thankful I bought olefin berber for the carpet, because all I need to do is spray the turmeric stain with pre-spray and suck it up with rinse (Judsons O2) and poof, it's gone!

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom