Two roads which path to travel

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Ok I've come down to three choices in a new TM.

C4
El D
TNT

my problem is do I really need the larger size TM in the C4 and El D. What factors should I be considering when making the final decision.

I currently run a 421 hydro. We will use this as a back up unit as well as a second unit during more busy periods.

We clean carpet, uph, and t&g on a regular basis. I have no issue with dry times, cleaning results are outstanding. We avg 6 jobs each day on a regular basis.

we do clean one restaurant every five weeks. This is the one place I would see advantages in the big boys but the 421 and rotovac do a great job as well.

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
What do you mean large size in El D? I don't think that is a large truckmount... It has big heat because of the diesel or propane burner but as far as being large it isn't. About 85 gallon usable waste tank, smaller cat pump and a 45 Roots. That is not a large unit.

It could do a great job but as far as it being a dual wand unit- forgetaboutit..

You need to have it pimped with 2.5 vac hose- at least the first 50 foot section and run 2" hose only with 2" tube wand. Then it is a good unit for a single wand operation. Also run high flow water. at least 10 flow. There is plenty of heat for high flow.

DON'T USE EMULSIFIERS- otherwise your flow switch will get stuck from the powder build up and your burner will have the flame on full blast, even though your talking to the customer and the wand is laying on the ground...No water running thru the heater and flame burning full blast....you get the picture of what will happen?

Masterblend's claim, that it is a dual wand unit- is a joke.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
C4 would be a little over kill for me. The TNT with a Little Giant #4 and a better silencer would be my choice.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I would rather have a little over kill...then wish i had more.....

but thats just me....why limit what you can do with a smaller unit...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom