Two upholstery tools running of off One Porty Doable or Not ????

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Looking at adding hwe upholstery machine for large commercial work. Auto fill and dump with 2 tools running at the same time would be ideal in my thoughts. Is this doable without sacrificing each tools productivity. I know squat about which upholstery tools are the very best but from what I have seen I am thinking that the SS upholstery Pro or the dri Master are the best all around tools. I am looking for an all out kick ass set up for hwe upholstery cleaning. Any help would be appreciated.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mardie you know better than I your plans for what the project requirements are but in my opinion you would be much more versatile with (two) machines.

In corporate settings it is not uncommon to have work on several levels or across opposite sides of the facility. Having the ability to have setups completely independent of each other will serve you better.

Should one unit go down, you still have one running, where as one big dual unit out would shut you down.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It depends if you need the machine to do both carpet and upholstery cleaning.
A machine dedicated to upholstery alone will not need high pressure and as strong a suction.

To run two tools you'll need a powerful machine like the Mytee 1005 (or any machine with two 3 stage high efficiency motors) with a 2" hose no longer then 50 (preferably 25) with a Y splitter, should allow two upholstery tools, as long as no tool is left off the fabric (and if so covered) to avoid vacuum loss. Not an ideal situation, definitely not optimal performance but doable.

As per upholstery tools, it is one of the most personal preferences and everybody seem to like something different. Try a few and find out which works best for you.

And Richard is right. Two machines will be better.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ofer is right about the tools, it's personal preference as to what fits you well and how well it cleans for you.

Since it's going to be run off low PSI portable I'd go with a lower end tool. PMF makes some nice tools that hold up decent under infrequent use. If you cleaned with a TM and cleaned upholstery regularly the Sapphire is an excellent choice. Now if you have plans for a TM in the next few years then buy the Sapphire otherwise the other tools can be had for half the price and will still do a great job for you.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Most portables would likely have adequate water pressure for 2 certain furniture tools that don't demand a lot of water. I don't think you would have enough water pressure for most internal jet tools. The big issue would be vacuum. Some units would have enough, others would not. Plus, during operation, the two technicians would likely need to keeps their tools either on fabric doing cleaning or have a towel stuffed in the vac orfice so the other tool doesn't have too much suction loss. Also, there may be heat considerations that you'd have to consider. Maybe you wouldn't need much heat for most furniture if well preconditioned. You'd just need to test the whole system you're considering to see if it could work.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Marty,

Call around, local distys often have rental machines they will sell after a few years. Our used portable(hydroforce/olympus) was $1500 - no auto anything.

Auto fill and dump with 2 tools running

If you are just using it(porty) for upholstery - auto fill & dump is not needed.
Most portys hold 10 gallons(or so) of waste and 10 of solution, that's a lot for upholstery. Imo..

It's a lot of money just to rinse upholstery.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom