Two wands for every truck

Mikey P

Administrator
Why every truckmount set up should have two wands on board.

Besides the obvious of plugged jets, broken or leaking trigger valves or, wOOps! you left a wand at the last job across town (or at the car wash, ask me how) myself, a 36 year veteran truckmount guy FIRMLY believes that every van or truck should have two wands on board.

And both wands should be serving two very different purposes.

Unless all you clean are shithole apartments, the majority of your customers, especially for you established professionals, should clean up JUST FINE with “just” four (4) flow. This isn’t 2006 anymore where all the Carpet Cleaning SuperHeroes on the forums had 59 or 68 blowers and convinced themselves and you that anything less than 12, 18 or God forbid, 24 flow, was doing a disservice to our loyal clients.

If your customer base is having you out at least once per year, 4 flow at 400 to 500 PSI is amazing adept at flushing most any wall to wall carpet. Fact.

But if they wait three years or more, you’re going to need more flow.

Fact.

Will six cut it? Probably… But If you live in a humid area where slow dry times are a concern, ^ is your happy spot

But if you live out west and have a 4.8 or larger blower, go for broke and set up a second wand with 8 flow.

Lets be real folks why be an Over Cleaner if you don’t have to? There is no Morality Mattress Police checking your jobs to see if you achieved wash pit results on wall to wall carpet. #truth, despite what that Over Cleaners on Face Book lead you to believe.

Less is more in MOST cases, but that’s an opinion for another day.

What do I carry on my van? A 4 flow AW29 (with a sheer kit and a Glide, of course)

and a 6 flow 12” Sapphire Titanium…

I clean predominantly for retired old peeps with no leaky pets, so 80% of the time 4 is fine. ESPECIALLY through two very impactful jets. (test this, it’s a reality)
For all my hard surfaces and the occasional shit pit or ultra thick pile, I use my SSTI12.

( Oh, and on about 10% of them I use my TOPS OP, because old folks just drip coffee and red wine and love that the carpet dries in under an hour and the bugs and weather stay out.)

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Besides the obvious of plugged jets, broken or leaking trigger valves or, wOOps! you left a wand at the last job across town (or at the car wash, ask me how) myself, a 36 year veteran truckmount guy FIRMLY believes that every van or truck should have two wands on board.

And both wands should be very serving two very different purposes.

Unless all you clean are shithole apartments, the majority of your customers, especially for you established professionals, should clean up JUST FINE with “just” four (4) flow. This isn’t 2006 anymore where all the Carpet Cleaning SuperHeroes on the forums had 59 or 68 blowers and convinced themselves and you that anything less than 12, 18 or God forbid, even 24 flow, was doing a disservice to our loyal clients.

If your customer base is having you out at least once per year, 4 flow at 400 to 500 PSI is amazing adept at flushing most any wall to wall carpet. Fact.

Fact.

Will six cut it? Probably… But If you live in a humid area where slow dry times are a concern, ^ is your happy spot

But if you live out west and have a 4.8 or larger blower, go for broke and set up a second wand with 8 flow.

Lets be real folks why be an Over Cleaner if you don’t have to? There is no Morality Mattress Police checking your results to see if you achieved wash pit results on wall to wall carpet. #truth, despite what that Over Cleaners on Face Book lead you to believe.

What do I carry on my van? A 4 flow AW29 (with a sheer kit and a Glide, of course)

I clean predominantly for retired old peeps with no leaky pets, so 80% of the time 4 is fine. ESPECIALLY through two very impactful jets. (test this, it’s a reality)
For all my hard surfaces and the occasional shit pit or ultra thick pile, I use my SSTI12.

( Oh, and on about 10% of them I use my TOPS OP, because old folks just drip coffee and red wine and love that the carpet dries in under an hour and the bugs and weather stay out.)
I usually have 3 wands at least, depending if I'm carrying a portable or not. 4 flow aw29 for the porty, 6 flow aw29 for the truck and 6 flow mach 12 or a 2 inch wand depending on what I'm doing

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It would be nice to be able to get 11025 jets so we could run a 5 flow. Used to do that when I used single jet wands. It's a good compromise.

SamIam

Name
sam miller

And both wands should be very serving two very different purposes.

Unless all you clean are shithole apartments, the majority of your customers, especially for you established professionals, should clean up JUST FINE with “just” four (4) flow. This isn’t 2006 anymore where all the Carpet Cleaning SuperHeroes on the forums had 59 or 68 blowers and convinced themselves and you that anything less than 12, 18 or God forbid, even 24 flow, was doing a disservice to our loyal clients.

Fact.

Lets be real folks why be an Over Cleaner if you don’t have to? There is no Morality Mattress Police checking your jobs to see if you achieved wash pit results on wall to wall carpet. #truth, despite what that Over Cleaners on Face Book lead you to believe.

I carry a 14 inch devastator with a new hybrid glide love it, and a sapphire 14 open metal lips or brush glide.

I got options.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Ever since my boy started using my spare aw29, I put it in the truck (3rd wand). I checked and it's 6flow.

The main wand is 12 flow. (I like to do fewer wand passes). And the spare prochem ti is 9.5flow

Reactions: Mikey P

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Ever since my boy started using my spare aw29, I put it in the truck (3rd wand). I checked and it's 6flow.

The main wand is 12 flow. (I like to do fewer wand passes). And the spare prochem ti is 9.5flow
OK, dumb question, but what is the flow measurement based on?

Mikey P

Administrator

Reactions: Mike J

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Carpet cleaners base it on the size of the jets, not the actual GPM. The first numbers indicate the angle and the last numbers indicate the size of the opening of the jet. A 11002 is 110 degrees and 02 is the size of the jet. An aw29 with 2-11002 jets is called a 4 flow. If it had 11003 jets, it would be a 6 flow.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Heps me out here bro, youz suppost to be the smart one.

Not really smArt, just blessed with good powers of observation and common sense

I tried 20 years ago.
You can lead a horse to water, but the vast majority just follow the pack de jour.
Be it Greenbean wands, swivels, windows, 153 flow, drag wands, Kunkle valves, 4 to door, Powermax, Judstone Juice, Flex, acid or alkaline, RotocRap, Lil Peeder CRB's, etc, etc etc...

I gave up because it's futile.

50% are hacks and don't know it
40% are hacks and do know it
Only 10% can figure out how to pour water out of boot without telling them the instructions on the sole

peeples in general are stoopit

..L.T.A.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You just need a vacuum
While I agree for the most part, yesterdays job must have been extensions central or wigsRus.

My roller bar was man handled and need a hair cut 1 room in.

Open wand no glide filled my devastator filter was surprised!

Not really.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I have 2 wands and I'm retired.🪄

20220924_090636.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom