Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Check out this ugly carpet that one of my trainees just made look beautiful. Very proud of him.

Attachments

• IMG_7287.JPG
    IMG_7287.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_7288.JPG
    IMG_7288.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 349

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
If the carpet is very dirty then we will pre-clean it. Most of the time this is not necessary as our process will clean and dye the carpet in one step.

The carpet can be immediately cleaned by any any method with no color loss whatsoever.
Does this get cleaned before dyed?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What's your idea on clean if it's a one step? Is the dye in the rinse? Or are you just buffing the carpet?

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
What's your idea on clean if it's a one step? Is the dye in the rinse? Or are you just buffing the carpet?

We have a cleaning agent added to the dye solution. The dye is applied, carpet is then agitated, and followed up with extraction which removes any soiling that's in the carpet. Carpet is left clean with a brand-new color that's guaranteed permanent and colorfast for the life of the carpet.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
We have a cleaning agent added to the dye solution. The dye is applied, carpet is then agitated, and followed up with extraction which removes any soiling that's in the carpet. Carpet is left clean with a brand-new color that's guaranteed permanent and colorfast for the life of the carpet.
Is it Hot water Extraction or just Dry Vacuum extraction?

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
It looks like the first pic but purple now. I think there is definitely a place for fixing bleach spots, etc., but that whole room looks like crap. I've seen your work on other posts and I have been impressed on most. These pics, not so much.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
It looks like the first pic but purple now. I think there is definitely a place for fixing bleach spots, etc., but that whole room looks like crap. I've seen your work on other posts and I have been impressed on most. These pics, not so much.

It's not my work. It's someone in Australia. This is one of his first jobs. All things considered, he did a very good job. More importantly, his customer was happy. That's all that matters.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
There was one that was dyed black around a dance floor? I thought that one made sense. One of your Students. Even without the before picture I thought it impressive.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Good grief - the dyes didn't strike evenly at all. Blotchy as heck. Do you use heat as a component to set the dye (hint- it sets more evenly at over 130)? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Yes I'm a critic, but don't show a turd and claim it's an O'Henry.:eekk::stir:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Come on guys, be fair.
There was more light in second picture and some of the color variation is light reflection due to nap reversal.

As per the claims of profit....that's a different subject altogether.
However, if he gives his trainees enough tools and confidence to do the work and charge accordingly, the cost of class may be paid in just a few jobs.
I don't hear much complaints here about the $2,000.00 new wands. And that's not even a new skill, just a piece of shiny metal. That no doubt is worth it, if it makes your life easier or the cleaning better, etc.

Last edited:

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Many of our trainees earn the cost of the class with their first job or two. They're enjoying it and it's far less work than cleaning. And you don't need a truckmount.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its just so rewarding helping others. But before we start passing out ballots for your Sainthood, here is a novel idea.

Why not lower your instruction fee to $500.00?

You'll get 4x the LOVE by giving more opportunities for others to succeed.

Its win-win!

Merry Christmas Chris! :winky:

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Dadgum Chris has me thinking it would be a good skill to learn. But there are lots of kits out there, it makes me worry. I have to worry, because I need to feed hungry elves.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Its just so rewarding helping others. But before we start passing out ballots for your Sainthood, here is a novel idea.

Why not lower your instruction fee to $500.00?

You'll get 4x the LOVE by giving more opportunities for others to succeed.

Its win-win!

Merry Christmas Chris! :winky:

Same reason why you don't lower your prices by 75%

Ya get what ya pay for.

Oh, and I'll save you some time. Here's a color class for you that's $299. You'll be all set!

http://www.cvent.com/m-events/Info/Summary?e=a6479a20-6130-414e-adb9-58534315e133

Merry Christmas to you, too, my friend! :)

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Dadgum Chris has me thinking it would be a good skill to learn. But there are lots of kits out there, it makes me worry. I have to worry, because I need to feed hungry elves.

Yup. There are LOTS of kits out there and a bunch of instructors.

I wonder why there aren't any places where you can go to see pictures of their work.

Or....

Why aren't the people that spent $299 to take the class doing any of the work?

Tsk Tsk....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom