uh-oh..

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I just got gas for 4.97!

So much for gas getting cheaper...

I know this was expensive even in our local area but maaaan that's almost 5bucks now for gas!

I guess I can really truly tell customers that it cost us 25-30bucks just to drive to the job site. :-)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We charge for some estimates (Restoration), however if we get the work it's applied against the ticket.

We use Prius's for estimating to save on fuel but it's still a bite on the service vehicles. :|

Buzzbac

at 1.63 eur per litre here...that converts to $9.87 per US gallon over here ........so look on the bright side .......

Name
steve snail
Zee said:
I just got gas for 4.97!

I know this was expensive even in our local area but maaaan that's almost 5bucks now for gas!

I guess I can really truly tell customers that it cost us 25-30bucks just to drive to the job site. :-)

Price of gas? It's the price of your states politics that is driving the gas price higher and business out of the state. Paid 3.29 here yesterday, and the unemployment rate here in Nebraska is under 4%.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Steve in Omaha said:
Zee said:
I just got gas for 4.97!

Price of gas? It's the price of your states politics that is driving the gas price higher and business out of the state. Paid 3.29 here yesterday, and the unemployment rate here in Nebraska is under 4%.

I know Steve...its all about the politics of the state...

But then again..somehow I still like our state and our weather and the mix of cultures from all over the world (even if they don't mix well sometimes) a little better than other states.

And our beaches are pretty nice too :-)

NGC

Ive got plans for a natural gas work van in the next couple months. With a filling station a couple blocks from my house and NG only 1.35 a gallon, I think its a smart move.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Zee said:
Steve in Omaha said:
Zee said:
I just got gas for 4.97!

But then again..somehow I still like our state and our weather and the mix of cultures from all over the world (even if they don't mix well sometimes) a little better than other states.

Not to mention the irrelevant fact that though we pay a little more for gas, we can charge and get a much better price for cleaning.
That....... kind of helps :p .

Zee, I thought that we in SF were the worst though, I get mine at $ 4.39 (87 octane.)

Name
steve snail
Zee said:
Steve in Omaha said:
Zee said:
I just got gas for 4.97!

I like the change of seasons here, but summer weather year round would be nice and like you said the beaches. Living and working here I can easily afford 8 weeks of vacation a year, mostly in Aspen and Jackson, but do go to Hawaii and other warm locations to check them out. One of these days my bones may just may not handle the cold and it will be off to a warm climate permanently. And the financial clouds on the horizon in California would scare the bejezus out of me being a biz owner. best of luck.
Steve

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom