unspoken impressions

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
A chemical rack is a rack of CHEMICALS! Rugs stacked on the floor mean you're a slob and will do poor work. A quick duct tape repair worked so...

A designer got me thinking about how the littlest things can make a negative impression on a customer that doesn't understand your business. I referred her to an upholstery shop, but she came back and asked for another referral because "That place was a mess!" I explained that it was an upholstery shop. They all look like that.

A cleaner asked me to send a photo of our furniture cleaning area. Nice stainless counter and spotting table, but until I took a picture I had never noticed how funky the cord and hose hanging on the wall looked. Another cleaner asked me to critique his website, which included a long description of his "leather lab" with color-corrected lighting. The garden tools in the background of his photos said all that text was baloney.

While cruising the internet looking for examples of cleaners unintentionally shooting themselves in the foot, I came across a photo that looked like rug cleaning on a backyard deck, which led to this website: http://www.orientalrugcleaningftlau...ian-rug-cleaning-professionals-ft-lauderdale/

Is this better than no site?
Does it dig a hole they have to work their way out of?
Do their customers just give them slack for being new to the country? (New, or 25 years?)

FredC

Village Idiot
While cruising the internet looking for examples of cleaners unintentionally shooting themselves in the foot, I came across a photo that looked like rug cleaning on a backyard deck, which led to this website: http://www.orientalrugcleaningftlau...ian-rug-cleaning-professionals-ft-lauderdale/

Is this better than no site?
Does it dig a hole they have to work their way out of?
Do their customers just give them slack for being new to the country? (New, or 25 years?)

You are missing the purpose of that site..and their many others........

http://www.orientalrugcare.com/miramar/rug-repair.html

but yes..."cleaners unintentionally shooting themselves in the foot"...I see it a lot.....

Last edited:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
There are a couple photos of rugs being groomed on a weathered wood deck that has high grass encroching over the edges. That's what drew me to the site, but the text is almost unreadable. On one page in particular it looks like what they wanted to say is interspersed with text from a romance novel.

Fred, the link you show is a much better site, but the other still gives a poor impression. Do you mind explaining the strategy?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
On one page in particular it looks like what they wanted to say is interspersed with text from a romance novel.
Well you know how you rug guys are....in love with your work. I'm only glad the guys at the local dry-cleaning & laundry are not as excited to clean my dirty shorts as you rug guys are to clean peoples dirty rugs! :p

LOL
Payback is a bitch, and Kansas is not that flat and we are not all hicks......well, ok most of us are ....and truthfully it is pretty damn flat out here. :winky:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Its stuffed with so many keywords that they're able to take the content and create a different site on another domain using the same content but just changing the keywords just enough so that they don't get caught for duplicate content(yet). Basically they're using 2010ish SEO tactics(black hat). But its not enjoyable for the reader, and eventually they'll get hit as google continues to update while tightening their grip and lessening their tolerance for that sort of stuff. The site also has an abundant amount of in-links, each in-link acts as a backlink strengthening the site, but it is severely over done in that example, and again at some point they will get nailed. In-links are meant to help the users experience(as references) on your site so that they can navigate to certain topics within your website.

FredC

Village Idiot
Fred, the link you show is a much better site, but the other still gives a poor impression. Do you mind explaining the strategy?

I won't explain it in detail........

The site you linked to is part of a broader seo campaign in support of the main site (only outgoing link i saw) http://www.orientalrugcare.com/....possibly others/satellites

The content is shit but it is not likely to be seen. If the site is found the shit content is below the fold.

The content itself is spun crap by the non-native author hired to publish content to the site (see about us).

When I've done similar I sticky the good post to the top of the front page and category pages.

There is also the option to bury/archive that content in the future, while keeping its benefits, and making the site more presentable on the surface.

It serves as a buffer/funnel and has potential to be a satellite site in the future......

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Definitely setup as a blog to send links to the homesite, fred found it...

They use the word "cleansing" which is definitely non-native, reads a lot like past articles i have had from ccarticles.

Back
Top Bottom