Update Jeremy's new Son

RickL

Jeremy with Andrea had a son Benjamin however there are problems the baby has been taken to Childrens Hosp in Louisville with severe infection, possible underdeveloped lungs and something wrong with his kidneys. Please keep them in your thoughts!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
oops I was suppose to post that earlier. :oops:

7-lb 19.5 long

Mama is recovering in Scottsburg and dad (Sleepless) is with Benjamin Grayson in the NICU in Louisville.

Thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

GCP

congratulations on the new addition.Hearts of love n prayers extended from mine to your family and new baby, All will be well with faith n love.

Jay.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Jeremy,
Congratulation on your son Bemjamin.
My thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery for all!

God Bless
David

Name
Lee Stockwell
Excellent facilities in Louisville, my grandson Simon was born there 3 years ago after a 170 mile fast helicopter ride from`Mayfield KY. Your son's in good hands.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
My eight year old went through this Jeremy when she was born.....I feel for you and you are close in my thoughts.

-JB-

Name
JB
..well he's not sleepless now, sounds like he's finally getting some much needed rest.

Prayers and love to yo all J., cause I don't think your gonna remember that phone cal, lol!

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
It's a boy! Thanks for all of your support & please keep the prayers and well wishes coming... Benjamin is doing well consdering and I have no doubt that you all have contributed to his well being. As you can see he's getting the very best of care and like a true Mikey'sBoarder he has a taste for exspensive gadgetry. Rest assured I appreciate the $1k+ we raised for the march of dimes this past Saturday even more now...

BenjaminGraysonSweetland.jpg

Benjamin2.jpg

Thanks again, and please remember us even if I go a few days with out posting.

Warmest Regards,
Jeremy Sweetland

Mikey P

Administrator
Glad to hear the kid is doing good Jerm :!:

Might I suggest you take that free Tomahawk to your vas deferens and call it a day?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Our prayers are with you, Jeremy. Our 3rd son was born with "merconium" poisoning in his lungs. (He had a bowel movement while still in the womb, thus injesting it into his lungs). He's 27 now and has ran a marathon. Everything works out.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good looking kid. Maybe Hoody's boy can show him the ropes at the next Mike fest.

Take it easy Jeremy....The kid will need you at your best.

So rest for his sake.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Benjamin's lung function is improving & he's weening himself off the ventalator steadily. Also the blood in his urine is decreasing and the clot in his kidney turned out to be a hemoraged adrenal gland (which is slightly less bad). We're still waiting on cultures, several other test results, ultrasounds, X-rays & the like. They seriously have some of the best people in the country here and it shows. I wasn't ready for this when I woke up Sunday morning. I am so glad that they were...

By the way, if you want to help please give blood or plasma at the Red Cross or donate $ here: http://kosair.org/index.php/how_to_give/

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Glad to hear the positive news, Jeremy. My thoughts and best wishes are with you, your wife and son.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Jerm,

You know I'll continue praying and sending thoughts. I was born 10 weeks premature, and was actually a blue baby. My heart and lungs were under developed, pancreas was too. Had all the same gadgetry hooked to me and spent the first 5-6 weeks in the hospital. They had needles and everything else coming out of me to keep me going. They didn't think I'd live to be one years old. That was 25 years ago, and I turned out alright(LOL!) They've come a long way since then, and I have no doubt your boy is in good hands.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Well guys, the little ones kidneys are still all jacked up in addition to the adrenal hemorage... His left Kidney is failing, and his right is not 100% he may need dialosys. Also they have found some swelling in the brain & he may be mentally retarded &/or have Cerebal Pulsey because of it. They have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow we'll know more then.

That said his lung functions are improving rapidly & there is thankfully no sign of infection. It appears that the organ damage & breathing problems were due to oxygen deprivation in the womb. Appearantly he got tangled in his cord (or something)for a while at some point fairly close to delivery time.

On a lighter note... Andrea got released and was able to see him for the first time since pre-dawn monday morning & I got to see Alexander for a bit too. I also got a shower which was more than over due. We'll be at the hospital more than anywhere else for a couple of weeks at a minimum.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Keep your head up Jeremy! It will get better! My wife and I pray for you guys.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Jeremy..if that little guy has HALF the heart as YOU DO..........
he'll be jus fine!

remember... doctors always tell you the worst
so THEY'LL look good...
when ya get better!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom