UPH........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
what is everyone using to apply the pre-spray to UPH....

I like to you the Hydroforce hand sprayer....

CRWAS05_zps6c898224.jpg

but if you can get a month out of one of these your lucky......I always rinse them out when I am done..even if I have to waste pre-spray..they are always clean...

Is there a better one out there...............????????????

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I used to use the same, but got sick and tired of how short the life of the mechanism was.
Switched to a regular spray bottle. The less fancy the trigger head is, the longer it seems to last.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Can they take the abuse in the van and how long do they last?
I have the 3M electrical sprayer which is nice on large jobs but when it is one sofa and a chair, I always end up using a simple regular sprayer. Seem to be the simplest and most dependable.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ofer quit fighting with the pump ups, you're spending enough over time, you'd have paid for a Spray1.

Yes made very well, its a MultiSprayer product. Its' perfect for upholstery, you''ll love it.

Lasts a long time, we burn up a pump now and then when someone leaves it running all night. Just put a new pump in and we're good to go. We have (4) of them and have had great luck with them.

Reactions: ruff

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Why can't we just take a Gun with a jet of choice quick connected in it and attach it to our HF, would we not be able to turn down our pressures an prevent soaking that way?
I think I have 3 guns w/out extensions : )

I also have a flow threw QC's on my Demi Valve's and the end of the HF hose, so I can detach the hose n gun or hose or gun for use another containers. Saves space and if theres an issue I can swithc to a back up gun n hose or gun or hose hidden in the truck.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Upholstery

oh yea, well!

UPH Upholstery
UPH University Physicians Healthcare (Tucson, AZ)
UPH Universitas Pelita Harapan (Indonesia university)
UPH Unaccompanied Personnel Housing
UPH Units Per Hour
UPH User Profile Hive (Microsoft Windows)
UpH Unperfekthaus (Essen, Germany)
UPH Urban Public Health
UPH Units Per Hectare
UPh Uridine Phosphorylase
UPH Upper Penthouse (residence classification)
UPH Universal Preservation Hall (ga Springs, NY)
UPH University of Port Harcourt (Nigeria)
UPH Universal Print Head
UPH Ultra-Pure Hydrogen
UPH Unidades de População Homogênea (Portugese)
UPH University Pediatric Hospital
UPH Ultimate Pinoy Hunks
UPH Unary Prefixed Huffman (coding scheme)
UPH Urban Population Health
UPH Ultimate Pheasant Hunting (web forum)

take that Ofer : )

Buck1955

Name
John
Used the electric multi-sprayer for years. Best thing about it was you could put a gallon jug in it so it was easy to switch between different chems. But now I mostly use the small pump up sprayer like you.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Jim I use that same sprayer and I know this is probably a mute point however since we started relieving the pressure whenever it's not in use that seems to extend the life. I too have gotten them that last 2-3 weeks and go bad. I tried a smaller version from another supplier a few years ago but they were even worse.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I use the hydroforce pump up. I have only had issues with the red tips either cracking of springing a leak. I too release the pressure after use. I have tried two other similar brands and they did not compare.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Trigger sprayer usually works fine for cleaning upholstery, but if we're doing a larger quantity the 2 quart sprayer found in nursery and home improvement stores works well. At $8-$9 it isn't too traumatic to toss them in the recycle bin when they break.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I had one on the truck, rarely use it. Eventually a part breaks and they ain't cheap up here.
So I use my modified Omni. I put a 12V compressor on it and a valve on the pump up. I hate pump-ups too.
I put an 01jet on it

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I have a 3 gallon pump up with a gun type trigger.

I'd need like six of those small sprayers for some of these nasty sectionals!

Reactions: GCCLee

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I use a pump up sprayer with a separate wand. i like the type with the cylinder / piston in the centre. They seem to last longer.

Grant

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I'm a lazy bugger.

I like to use the battery powered FlexiPro Rechargeable Sprayer supplied by John & Lora @ Superior.

:yoda:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I use this is if I know I'm doing uph I'll throw it on the truck. Otherwise I have a small pump up.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000N...-2&pi=SY200_QL40#immersive_view?1395823231398

How long have you found the battery to last before needing replacement or disposal?

Have you found certain sprays such as an acidic spray such as hydramaster UPS (urine prespray) to aggressive for it.

Thanks!

Just have to replace a pump up sprayer on the van today and good topic coming up.

Jim,

I have another hand held sprayer we like better. I will take a pic of it and post. ACE hardware and other put their Brand logo on it. We never had luck with the HF hand held sprayers either.

Mark

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I've actually never drained the battery totally. I have been very impressed with how well it has held up. Every once in a while if I'm thinking about it I will plug it in to charge it up but it just seems to go and go.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
As far as acids i can't say that I have ever ran any threw it. I originally bought if for weed killer but when my sprayer I was using for upholstery quit I cleaned it out and started using it. That was at least a year and a half ago. In that time I've only charged it a handful of times.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

C&S

Name
Scott
I use the blue battery powered sprayer from interlinks, flexpro, for bug jobs but usually use trigger sprayer for small jobs. I just add $2 to what I usually charge to cover the cost of replacing. The flexpro gets rinsed out every time I use it. At $500 they arnt cheap.

I agree the fancier they are the less they last.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Nothin like firing up the TM at 7:30am.
I jus used my New Butler tool an DD-12 to extract puke from our car.

Gotta love car pooling : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
If you don't like electric here is another way to go. We used to use this type only they were metal but these would work fine too.

What I liked is you set the container down and you could walk all around the upholstered pieces with just the gun to spray.

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AS18

So why can we not put a small jet in a gun an attach it to a HF, instead of using the extended sprayer pistol?

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Chris its too much pressure from the HF, the pump up will be 30-60 psi. I will say I haven't tried it though.

You feeling dangerous Chris? Try it.

"Go ahead make my day!" :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom